Contradictions

Discussion of massage and bodywork techniques, along with holistic therapies, both generic and modality specific. A broad spectrum of discussion!

Moderators: stonegirl, riversinger

Contradictions

Postby klauss on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:24 am

WOW,been awhile since i've been here lol. I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I have a question.

Is there any contradictions for people who have seizures? Not sure of the casue tho. I have been recently diagnosed and was wondering. Doc thinks I need stress relief and can't think of a better way.

thanks for any help.
klauss
Registered Member

Postby Breathe on Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:37 pm

Depends on the cause of the seizures. There are so many reasons, nervous system, endocrine, hormonal, electrical "storms" in the brain, arterial entrapment or other vascular causes, and idiopathic.

You should check with your physician to see if there are any contraindications for pressure or range of motion activities in the neck, and if there are any reasons not to have circulatory massage.

Your massage therapist should ask these questions. If you tell a therapist that you have been recently diagnosed with seizures, and they just dismiss that, find another therapist. Your therapist should be most concerned with your well-being and with this diagnosis should want to get a physician's okay first.
Breathe
Registered Member

Postby klauss on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:03 am

Thanks for the reply breathe. For some odd reason they did not give me a cause, but I see my nuerologist(again ugh) tommorow. They did give me some meds a wonderful list of work restrictions so now I'm looking for a new job as well.
klauss
Registered Member

Return to Massage & Holistic Therapies (Techniques, Modalities, etc.)