Referral Card Wording?

Help each other prosper! Share ideas, concerns and frustrations of developing your business. Share those creative marketing ideas that work! (SOAP charting, rate increases, outcalls, taxes, etc.)

Moderators: Talenyn, JLWmassage

Referral Card Wording?

Postby tropicmom on Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Ok, obviously I *stink* at searching on this board because I am coming up empty-handed.

A few days ago I found a post someone had written about the wording on the back of their business cards and using them for existing clients as referral cards. Something to the effect of "_________ has referred ________ and will be credited with $10 toward a massage" but it was worded much better! LOL!

Who was this or can anyone find it?? I've searched and no-luck.

TIA
Carol
tropicmom
Registered Member

Postby akb on Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:36 pm

I am not sure where it is either but I will share with you how I word my referral cards:
akb referral cards wrote:My business name
My phone number

You Need A Massage!
A Gift From (write in client's name)

Call akb and receive $10 off a 60 or 90 min. massage! I always look forward to my massages and I know you will too!
Offer Ends (write in a date)
My website address

This is what I put on the free vista print business cards, so the layout is different than this. So far it is going over very well!
akb
Registered Member

Postby kathryn on Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:37 pm

Instead of dealing with all that, after each massage I give the client three business cards and also let them know verbally (and have a sign in my office that for each client they send me), they will recieve $10 off their next massage.

On my intake form, I have a line that says
'Whom may I thank for your referral______'

Upon receiving the referral, I send the client that referred a nice card that says:
"Thank you for referring your friend to me for professional services. Your expression of confidence is sincerely appreciated. Please accept my offer of $10 off your next massage! Thank you, (my name and business card enclosed in card)
kathryn
Registered Member

Postby tropicmom on Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:50 pm

I found it!!

No wonder I wasn't having any luck.... it wasn't on this forum! LOL! But I found the paper I printed it out on and here it is....

(Referring client's name) has referred me for therapeutic massage. Please credit him/her $10 toward the cost of his/her next massage. (Signature of new client)

I'm going to put something based on this on the back of the vistaprint cards.

I, too, have a spot on my intake form for "referred by" but I figure this covers another base in that the original client can have these on them and they also include my contact info. That way the new client doesn't have to remember my name or go out of their way to look me up (especially since I'm not in the Yellow Pages). And it's an easy way to introduce a "referral program", no explanation needed, they already know how it works! :)
tropicmom
Registered Member

Postby akb on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:40 pm

Oh I totally read your first post wrong. I thought you were asking for the referred (new) client gets the discount wording.

The wording you found sounds like a great way to get and keep track of referrals!

Good luck!
akb
Registered Member

Postby Pandoras_Gift on Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:52 pm

This is what I have...

Hello,
Your friend ____________
has sent you a $10 off coupon
for you to enjoy your first
massage. Please bring this
card with you at the date and
time of service. The best advertizement is by word of
mouth! I hope to see you soon.
Enjoy!
love as always,
Muriel

Site Admin

http://www.rockland-massage.com
Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Postby tropicmom on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:28 pm

I like that one too, Muriel! Thanks for sharing! :)
tropicmom
Registered Member

Postby Pandoras_Gift on Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:59 pm

Believe me, I have stared at what I want on my referral card for hours, and I still haven't printed them up!!! As Nike said... "Just Do it!" right???
love as always,
Muriel

Site Admin

http://www.rockland-massage.com
Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Postby Gessika on Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:26 pm

I have decided to hand out stamped postcards to my clients for them to refer family and friends. This is what I've come up with for the wording:

Business Name

Bring in this card to enjoy $10.00 off your first relaxing shiatsu or massage, and your friend will too!

Referred By: ____________

website address phone number

Expires: ___ Offer good on sessions of 1 hour or more

What do you think? I'm looking for feedback! Is the "and your friend will too" part dumb? I thought that maybe letting the referee know that the friend who sent them the card will get a discount too (if they come in) may be an extra incentive.

I will have my business address printed on the reverse side of the card in the return address area and leave the rest blank so the referer can fill in the address of the person they want to send it to. That way, I'm not "spamming" anyone with unsolicited mail, and will only end up with the contact info of the people who come to see me.
"The end result can only be as pure as the starting spirit."
Gessika
Registered Member

Return to Business Issues & Marketing Discussion