sacro wedgy anyone??

We have grown with the industry and found we need a forum just for products on the market, places to find them and discussions regarding these items. Please be aware that discussing products or companies should be done with respect and an offer of positive knowledge for all board members.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

sacro wedgy anyone??

Postby fudja / aka Greatlakes on Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:58 am

Does anyone have any experience with the sacro wedgy?? It is supposed to be a miraculous item. I suppose it could be used during a session, but it think it is primarily a take home thing.

www.sacrowedgy.com

I got something in the mail from them. If I buy 12 of them, I can get them for $16 each. They retail for $30
Last edited by fudja / aka Greatlakes on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fudja / aka Greatlakes
Registered Member

Postby nybor7 on Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:12 pm

Christine,
(are you the Christine from Yahooo ooo ooo??)
Anyhow, I laid on one at the Worlds of Wellness a year or two ago. It wasn't comfortable but I was in the throws of bad bad back troubles.
The people at the booth told me it would work if used often,.,,,never bought one.

Robyn
r e l a x - South Carolina
nybor7
Registered Member

Postby moogie on Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:05 pm

Bump to see if anyone else has had any experience with these.

Angie
moogie
Site Admin

Postby daphne on Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:02 am

I bought mine a couple of years ago from the Upledger Institute. It's the best 29.00 I ever spent. It works great for all kinds of low back pain. I used to visit the chiro ever month for a Cox distraction table treatment. The Sacrowedgy does pretty much the same thing at home, for free.

The only problem with the sacrowedgy is that you must follow the directions, or it doesn't work. I've loaned mine out to several friends and clients who did not follow the directions. They found no benefit from it.

It is a take home type thing. It works best when done on the floor, and takes up to 20 minutes to work.
daphne
Registered Member

Sacro Wedgy

Postby WaltFritz on Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:59 pm

I feel the sacro Wedgy is a powerful self treatment tool, as well as an adjunct tool during session. When used during my MFR session, it acts as a corrective anchor while I am tractioning at the neck. Chiro wedges are another option for the same, but each has their own magic. For those clients with chronic sacroiliac issues, the wedgy works well at home, provided they have been given proper instruction. I have found that only 1 in 10 clients can figure out how to properly place the thing based solely on the included instructions. Once in place, it works to open the SI's, as well as the lunbosacral junction. If you are recommending it to your clients, tell them to firget the hard sell of the cervical roll that the Sacro Wedgy folks put on them...a towel roll works just fine. Or, better yet, have them buy a cervical pivot to work the suboccipital region while they are using the wedgy. Two birds with one stone.
Walt Fritz, PT Pain Relief Center, Rochester, NY
http://www.myofascialresource.com
For therapists: MFRmail Newsletter (patient focused newsletter also available)
Foundations in Myofascial Release Seminars
Myofascial Release Mentoring Program
WaltFritz

Postby Pandoras_Gift on Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:48 pm

I just bought one, I will let you know how it is once it comes in! I have had such issues since my car accident in Dec 2005, even with regular massage... I wish I was still getting adjustments, I can feel my pelvis and sacrum move around at times... so hopefully this will calm my sciatic/low back pain!
love as always,
Muriel
Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Postby moose_goose on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:39 am

Just came across the http://www.sacrowedgy.com/about.htm site.
Any one else have any reviews?
moose_goose
Registered Member

Sacrowedgy

Postby Sombraman on Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:45 am

We (Sombra) were next to them at a convention last year and I had a chance to try it. It took some time to get the placement right, but once I had it figured-out it really relaxed my hips and gave me some relief from my lower back pain. Once you have it placed correctly, you can really feel the effects after about 15 minutes, and it just feels like everything in the hip area (physiologically speaking) is going back into place. I would think that if a therapist tried it out that they would be able to see the benefits.

Sombraman
Sombraman
Registered Member

Postby PremoMT on Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:50 pm

interesting topic! I have a client that suffers from extreme SI joint pain. I will refer this to him! thanks for the imput!
My Website www.premospa.com
PremoMT
Registered Member

Postby ccMarie on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:11 pm

well i have been eying this topic all day, looking at the website and wishing i could just instantly have one in my hand (or rather under my sacrum). i've been feeling pain (unusual for me) in my left SI joint for a couple of days now. not intense pain, just diffuse joint pain. of course i took a hot soak in the tub with analgesic bath oil, rub some sombra gel into my PSIS and around the sacrum, and took ibuprofen orally.

i am definitely going to get one of these, and while i was looking on the website, it seems you can even use while in the car. if it works as well as everyone says, i've got to have it; this sounds like it will be perfect for traveling too.
ccMarie
Registered Member

Postby wellnessgarden on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:57 am

I ordered one yesterday...I had forgotten about these! I'm having serious SI issues, so I'm very excited about getting one..also going to pursue the foam rollers talked about in another thread..I'm trying to put off knee surgery as long as possible, so I'm doing every self-care thing I can think of.

Thanks moose_goose for reviving this thread :D

wellnessgarden
www.beverlylintonmassage.com

Be Impeccable with Your Word~Don't Take Anything Personally~Don't Make Assumptions~Always Do Your Best....."The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz
wellnessgarden
Registered Member

Postby PremoMT on Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:00 am

Ella Menneau Has one! If you have any questions, she may be able to answer them. She said she loves hers, and it was the best for her SI issues!
PremoMT
Registered Member

Feedback?

Postby PremoMT on Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:19 am

wellnessgarden,
Any reviews on the product? I just sent the link to a client of mine, and would love to hear feedback so I can pass the info along to him as well. (and I am still thinking of getting one for myself and would love any feedback. ;) )
PremoMT
Registered Member

Postby wellnessgarden on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:26 am

I used it for a few days in a row when I first got it, and it is challenging to get the positioning correct. I think it can help with consistent use, I just need to get back to it. I have been experiencing a flare in shoulder symptoms that has become more acute than my back, so my attention has been on that for the last couple of weeks. I will get the wedgy back in my daily self-care today, and report back.

wellnessgarden

Be Impeccable with Your Word~Don't Take Anything Personally~Don't Make Assumptions~Always Do Your Best....."The Four Agreements" by Don Miguel Ruiz
wellnessgarden
Registered Member

Postby WaltFritz on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:35 pm

wellnessgarden,

To help you get placement correctly, first use your hand to find the convexity of the sacrum. The Wedgy should go in that exact same convexity. Often the sacral region is so bound up or so asymmetrical that no placement seems correct. As long as you are in the convexity, that is the place to start. (Boy, after reading through my post above, I wish that edits could be made after the 24 hour cutoff...my spelling was horrible!)
Walt Fritz, PT Pain Relief Center, Rochester, NY
http://www.myofascialresource.com
For therapists: MFRmail Newsletter (patient focused newsletter also available)
Foundations in Myofascial Release Seminars
Myofascial Release Mentoring Program
WaltFritz

Postby wellnessgarden on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:58 pm

Thanks Walt...I think that is exactly what's happening.

wellnessgarden

wellnessgarden
Registered Member

Return to Tools of the Trade