Raindrop Therapy

Discussion of massage and bodywork techniques, along with holistic therapies, both generic and modality specific. A broad spectrum of discussion!

Moderators: stonegirl, riversinger

Raindrop Therapy

Postby karmassage on Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:55 pm

Has anybody ever experienced or performed Raindrop Therapy? I've heard mixed reviews... with some people claiming it works wonders and others saying it's nothing more than an MLM type scam. Please let me know what your thoughts are... i've been considering taking a class.<br><br>Thanks!
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do - Rumi
karmassage
Registered Member

Re: Raindrop Therapy

Postby Pandoras_Gift on Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:11 pm

I took the class, since it was offered at work at no cost to me.  I really am not an essential oils person, and they give me a headache so I tend to stay away.  Since work paid for it, I figured I would give it a shot... well I didn't get a headache, I ended up having an athsma attack later on in the day!  They said to leave the oils on as long as possible, but all I wanted to do was take a shower since I thought I smelled horrible.  So this is definitely not my thing, and I will never do another session in my life.<br><br>I also was surprised that the treatment is only to the feet and back... hopefully no one ever asks me to do one!
love as always,
Muriel
Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Postby melb on Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:18 pm

I think I fall under the MLM scam heading, and I think that performing Raindrop Therapy as instructed by YL (neat essential oils on skin) can be very dangerous using the oils they tell you to use, because they suggest known skin irritant essential oils, stating the heat is a sign it is working - no, the heat is to be expected because they are skin irritants, some people will not be irritated by the EOs, but many will.<br><br>Old thread with a lot of views both ways http://www.bodyworkonline.com/cgi-bin/y ... 106364714;  (the search feature works well if you remember to increase the "number of days" from the defualt value of 7 days)<br><br>The claim that gets me most annoyed about YL their wonder claims for their Thieves blend - supposed to keep away bugs because similar herbs were used by thieves picking over dead bodies during the bubonic plague - bubonic plague is spread by FLEAS - not air borne bacteria/viruses etc.  All it proves is that the YL Thieves blend is a good flea repellent (which it is, but that doesn't really sell much product).
melb
Registered Member

Postby karmassage on Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:25 pm

thanks guys! i also had a problem with the neat application. I almost took the class while i was pregnant but decided to find out what oils they were using. once i found out and spoke with the person teaching the class, she didn't seem at all concerned that quite a few of them were contraindicated for pregnancy!<br><br>thanks for the thread link. i did a search before posting but it came back empty. good to know about the 7 days. :)
karmassage
Registered Member

Postby bucher11 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:29 am

I have had the rain drop treatment with no problems.  I have also used it on my horses and the had no side effects.  I the person I received the treatment from told me that we used it to remove toxins from from spine.  He stated that alot of our diseases are stroed in the spine and the treatment will help remove the toxins.  I belief in the use of the treatment and how it helps people.
bucher11
Fresh Hands

Postby DoriKaters on Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:20 pm

A horse probibaly doesn't care that they smell like a peppermint pizza! ick!   ;D  (just joking!)<br><br>   I took a seminar on the Raindrop Technique as well as their Vitaflex routine.   I am not a essential oil pro so I wasn't aware that applying neat oils is such a no-no,untill reading more on this board.   All I did know was that i hated having it done to me.  It did burn and I was more so annoyed by the feather strokes (but thats just me)and the smell was AWFUL! (I know, I know, essential oils are not meant to just sit there and smell pretty...but my gosh!). <br>Above all that I just knew it was something my clients weren't looking for and it wasn't something I thought I could market sucessfully to them.  <br> The instructer didnt seem to mind too much that he was teaching something VERY close to a reflexology routine with just another name (Vitaflex).  I am not a reflexologist so I didn't feel comfortable marketing and selling a routine so close to a reflexology session.    Anyway - I am not a pro essential oil person so my opinion doesn't count too much, just popping in to say I took the seminar and didn't care for it.   :)
Enjoy yourself, its later than you think!
DoriKaters
Registered Member

Postby karmassage on Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:55 am

i think i have pretty much resigned myself to believe that it's a bunch of hooey and i won't waste my time or money. thanks everyone!
karmassage
Registered Member

Return to Massage & Holistic Therapies (Techniques, Modalities, etc.)