My first CST session

Discussion of massage and bodywork techniques, along with holistic therapies, both generic and modality specific. A broad spectrum of discussion!

Moderators: stonegirl, riversinger

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

My first CST session

Post by EgoMagickian » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Can you believe I've never received a full cranio session before?

"Everyone" says this modality would be a great fit for me to learn, so I wanted to find out why. I also wanted to followup on this therapist's recommendations for me (she did 20 minutes of work on me during a vacation weekend when my low back was freaking out).

She worked at my feet, my sacrum and hips, my head, my jaw, and in my mouth (yay!)

At times it was surprising; at other times boring. The surprising part was a series of releases in which a limb would randomly flop! I did zone out, and my jaw feels different. She says it can take 2-3 days to integrate.

Oh, during the jaw work I had thoughts about a lifelong pattern stating in childhood of keeping my mouth shut about my inner world. This was my part in a dynamic in which the adults in my life didn't do a great job helping me follow my own interests.

What IS this strange work? :-)

squash_blsm

Post by squash_blsm » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:40 am

It is wonderful work.
And it sounds as if she has SER training - lucky you!
This is where it starts to get good!

My first session was three years ago and I knew immediately that I wanted to do it too. I have taken CST1-twice, CST II, and just did SER I this year. I am still no where near where I want to be but someday....
:D

cstbrian
Registered Member

Post by cstbrian » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:57 am

YAY!! Sounds like you had a good session. Each session can take you deeper towards finding your true core. So, I hope you are planning another session sometime.

I am a bit curious about your comment "At times it was surprising; at other times boring." Could you elaborate just a bit on the boring part? I am always curious about client's experiences.
Brian

"Life isn't about finding yourself ... life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"When we try to control that which is out of our control, we become an incredibly anxiety prone society." Dr. John Upledger

Timedess
Registered Member

Post by Timedess » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:09 am

very interesting. thanks for sharing!
~Renee

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:16 am

I felt bored when I couldn't really tell there was anything going on... mostly in the beginning of the work. After I started to zonk out I became less concerned about being entertained :-)

But still, the work is mostly sooo subtle. I can't imagine what it's like for someone who consumes a diet of reality TV & mainstream shock & awe news shows, psyche-fragmenting processed foods, and daily corporate stresses—i.e. a "normal" person—to receive cranio.

BTW, the intraoral work I received was more like deep tissue than what I imagined CST to be like. She's highly trained, so who can say.

Question:

It's the day after, can I go running? Tomorrow can I go dance all day and night at LoveFest? Or will either of these things upset the integration?

Zoe
Registered Member

Post by Zoe » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:55 am

Congratulations Ego!!! Sounds like you had a great experience.
But still, the work is mostly sooo subtle. I can't imagine what it's like for someone who consumes a diet of reality TV & mainstream shock & awe news shows, psyche-fragmenting processed foods, and daily corporate stresses—i.e. a "normal" person—to receive cranio.
When I first started to offer CST I did have a couple of clients who felt absolutely nothing during or after the session even though I felt things happening in their bodies. I think they were looking for profound shifts and the subtlety of what happened was lost on them. I learned by working on these folks that before the session I now take a good bit of time talking with the client about the types of releases they might experience on the table during a CST session. I find that by giving them tacit permission to "flop" around on the table or twitch or spontaneously stretch and readjust themselves during the sessions helps them let go or allow for when it starts to happen. The biggest thing I want to make sure of is they understand that I am simply a facilitator in the process so the things happening are their bodies responses to the technique and the more they allow the release to happen the more benefit they receive from the session. I also offer to tell them what I'm feeling is happening during the sessions which seems to help them focus more on their bodies.

I'm curious Ego now that you have experienced CST do you think it is something you will pursue?

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:07 pm

Thanks that's great info.

To answer your question: yes, probably. As long as I actually sign up for the classes before they fill up ;-)

I'm busy fighting with the internet trying to find a cheap enough flight to Dallas right now though!

Return to “Massage & Holistic Therapies (Techniques, Modalities, etc.)”