CST & Reiki

Discussion of massage and bodywork techniques, along with holistic therapies, both generic and modality specific. A broad spectrum of discussion!

Moderators: stonegirl, riversinger

CST & Reiki

Postby Zoe on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:03 am

I'm curious if anyone has experienced the two together?? Any thoughts about how these two therapies/modalities would work together?

I've a friend who is wanting me to meet her Reiki III practitioner and discuss the possibilities of combining our work.
Zoe
Registered Member

Postby squash_blsm on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:11 pm

A co-worker who has reiki II and CST I - she says that she uses them seperately.
When she asked if I did Reiki the best way that I could explain myself is that I do energy work all the time. But that I don't do Reiki "on purpose" as a stand alone treatment. I use a variety of energetic techniques including some intuitive work when I do CST/SER . I hesitate to label anything I do as this or that. It is the work that I DO.
In a way I feel it's all Reiki.
It's all CST.
Just do the work and see where it takes you.
squash_blsm

Postby AnastasiaB on Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:43 pm

Reiki happens all the time for me whenever it is appropriate for the client whether I am deliberately intending it or not. My Reiki Master taught us that there is an unspoken dialogue between the souls that allows that to occur without really an outward discussion of "yes/no" going on deliberately. I agree with that assessment from years of personal experience and practice.

My CST work goes stand alone, combines with massage and Reiki throws itself into the mix nicely whenever it is necessary.

I've sent clients for advanced CST work with others who have higher technical CST skills as well as sending them to others whose "ranking" is higher in Reiki. Either scenario depends on what the client is hoping to gain or looking for from a session. I've had CST done then experienced Reiki immediately afterwards and enjoyed and appreciated the experience but cannot describe for you why or how - it was just unique and appreciable.
Anastasia B

Be who you are and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind. - Theodore S. Geisel - [Dr. Seuss][

www.mymassageworks.embarqspace.com
AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Postby Zoe on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:53 pm

Thank you squash_blsm and Anastasia. I appreciate your time in answering my question.
Zoe
Registered Member

Re: CST & Reiki

Postby cstbrian on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:19 am

Zoe wrote:I'm curious if anyone has experienced the two together?? Any thoughts about how these two therapies/modalities would work together?

I've a friend who is wanting me to meet her Reiki III practitioner and discuss the possibilities of combining our work.

Hmmm... I am curious ... Are you talking about two therapists? One doing CST and one doing Reiki? Or are you speaking of one practitioner doing both during a session? They are two very different scenarios.
Brian

"Life isn't about finding yourself ... life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"When we try to control that which is out of our control, we become an incredibly anxiety prone society." Dr. John Upledger
cstbrian
Registered Member

Postby Zoe on Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi CST Brian. To answer your question. Two therapists offering both therapies during the one session. I would be offering the CST and the other would be offering the Reiki.
Zoe
Registered Member

Postby cstbrian on Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 am

Just so I know where you are coming from before I answer, what CST courses have you taken and how long have you been practicing CST?
Brian

"Life isn't about finding yourself ... life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"When we try to control that which is out of our control, we become an incredibly anxiety prone society." Dr. John Upledger
cstbrian
Registered Member

Postby Zoe on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Hi Brian. I've been practicing aspects of CST for 16 years. I took Upledger CST I & II four or five years ago.
Zoe
Registered Member

Re: CST & Reiki

Postby tribute on Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Zoe wrote:I'm curious if anyone has experienced the two together?? Any thoughts about how these two therapies/modalities would work together?

I haven't had these two together. However, all of the Reiki sessions I have received resulted in detox like experiences. And from a recent post by Blisss about her CST experience, I wonder how much detox would occur with both modalities together.
tribute
Registered Member

Postby Zoe on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:38 am

Thanks Tribute for that link -- it is an interesting read and offers me things to consider with this idea.

I wonder if others who have experienced Reiki have also experienced detox-like effects from it? Mostly wondering if that is fairly common or more an individual reaction to what is going on with their specific energy?
Zoe
Registered Member

Postby cstbrian on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:19 am

Zoe wrote:Hi Brian. I've been practicing aspects of CST for 16 years. I took Upledger CST I & II four or five years ago.

OK. The reason I needed to ask was how in depth I needed to talk about energy cysts and their release. Also if you had experience multiple therapist work.

I believe CST and Reiki can work well together. The important aspect is intention. When you arc and locate an active lesion (aka energy cyst) you would go to that area and treat with Direction of Energy or Positional Tissue Release. It is a more specific intention than Reiki being offered for the highest good of the recipient. With Reiki the energy can be used anywhere in the body for any reason.

It would be best for the two of you to silently (or out loud if the client is comfortable with that) contract with the Inner Wisdom of the client that you will be shown an active lesion that would benefit from you working on it while the body also receives Reiki. That way the two of you will be working more in synch with the Inner Wisdom so that it won't be an overload for the client. If the intention is not set, it is my belief that two different issues could be worked on at the same time which could potentially be too much for the client.

Have the other therapist begin the Reiki aspect of the session for a minute or two and then arc the body to find what is requested. I'd also suggest ending the sessions with a few integrating still points, specifically the CV-4.

Keep in mind that with every therapist you add to the session, you 'amp up' the energy of the session. The client will go deeper faster and process stuff much quicker than a one-on-one session. There is also (often, but not always) a higher change of whole body positional release and SomatoEmotional Release.

Multiple therapist work is amazing work and for me, personally, is life changing when I receive it.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :grin:
Brian

cstbrian
Registered Member

Postby Zoe on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:13 am

Brian I've had to give your post a great deal of thought regarding the specific request of my client and why she is thinking CST and Reiki would be a good combo. She has an autistic son (((he's 8 years old))) who has received Reiki and after talking with me about CST she is thinking of bringing her son in to see me for a session.

I've never participated in a multi-therapist session and I wonder about the amped up energy and how it would affect such a young client? I do agree about your advice regarding intention between the two practitioners and appreciate the suggestion on how to bring the two together.
Zoe
Registered Member

Return to Massage & Holistic Therapies (Techniques, Modalities, etc.)