Great Business Names

Help each other prosper! Share ideas, concerns and frustrations of developing your business. Share those creative marketing ideas that work! (SOAP charting, rate increases, outcalls, taxes, etc.)

Moderators: Talenyn, JLWmassage

Great Business Names

Postby manomassage on Sun Oct 27, 2002 1:14 am

I am looking for a great name for my new massage business.

Any suggestions??
manomassage
Fresh Hands

Re: Great Business Names

Postby doubledee on Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:28 am

I thought of some business names, I hope they work out for you, let me know what you think? :)<br><br>Hands over body and mind<br><br>The Healing Touch<br><br>Hand 2 Hand<br><br>The Relaxing Place
Certified Massage Therapist
doubledee
Fresh Hands

Postby mel on Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:34 pm

Therapeutic Resources
Compassion from heart to hands!
mel
Registered Member

Postby Darrin on Sat Dec 14, 2002 9:45 pm

Thanks.<br><br>I like the name Therapeutic Resources <br><br>i just may use it.
Darrin

Postby C-Bear on Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:28 pm

Ask your clients what they get out of your massage---you might be able to take their adjectives and create a name..or think of how you want your style to be portrayed(relaxing , structural etc.)and work it from there...just be sure your name isn't similar to any of the "shady" massage places in your area. I went with Massage Mechanix because the work I feel I excel at is more structural , deeper work. Hope this helps.
#1 asked Question---Don't your hands ever get tired ?
C-Bear
Registered Member

Postby Kneadfulthings on Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:33 am

I agree with everyone so far!  There are also some other things to consider...<br><br>Such as location, if you ever intend to offer services other than massage, the type of therapy.  If you have intentions of working with Physicians, it may be in your best interest to have a more professional name.<br><br>When I decided it was time to stop renting space from a hair salon, I thought long and hard about what my long term goals for my practice would be.  I wanted to work with doctor referrals, I wanted people to know where I was located, and eventually I wanted to offer more than just massage. <br><br>My office is located in a small, but rapidly growing community, made up of three towns.  The community as a whole is referred to "North River" (it is north of a river!) One town has had a bad rep for many years, but is now turning into an upper class neighborhood, however the lingering reputation is still there.  Another town is very small, and the third town was mostly farm land that is now being turned into upscale developments.  With that in mind, I did not want to name my center after any one of the towns, because people will have their own limited idea of what that town is like.  They may choose or dismiss based on their judgement.<br><br>With that in mind, I named my practice "North River Body Therapies".  When people are scrolling through the phone book, instantly they know where we are.  Doctors take us more seriously, I believe.  We have not only massage, but Skin Care and Acupuncture, and it looks like we may be offering Physical Therapy here soon.<br><br>I know this is a long reply (ALL ABOUT ...ME!  ;D ), but there is a point...think about what you want to acheive with your name.  This is usually people's first impression.  <br><br>The Relaxing Place is a nice choice for a small 1-3 person clinic where the focus is, well, RELAXING!  ;D<br><br>I love the history and sentiment behind Mimi's place...what a very clever, heartfelt choice!  I can only assume your clients can feel the love and warmth! It sounds inviting and elegant.  You should be very proud!<br><br>So far I am leaning towards Therapuetic Resourses...but that is because it is closer to what I provide, so that makes it a biased opinion. <br><br>Write down what you want to accomplish with your name.  How do your choices make you feel when you say them?  What visions come to your mind?  Chances are that is what will go through your clients mind aslo.  Don't forget to check to see if anyone else has registered that business name.  I don't know what state you are in, but you can find it online.<br><br>I don't know if that helps, but I hope it does!  Let us know what you chose!
Barter for bodywork, lotion, travel ... even CEU's!

http://www.bodyworkshops.com
Destination: Success! Create your perfect practice!
Kneadfulthings
Registered Member

Postby Texas-gal on Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:12 am

Wow.  What a fantastic thread for anyone wanting to get a good idea how to name their practice.  <br><br>I hope some of the students here get to read this.  I think it will help them tremendously when they start their businesses.<br><br>We have such a great group of inspirning minds, I think!  :)<br><br>Originally, my practice was named for "what I was doing" / "how I was doing it".   Bascially along the lines of Healing / Progressive / Therapeutic ... a name with a word like this in the title.<br><br>Recently I have changed the name and consitency of providers within the practice, so now it reflects actual names in the title of the business.  For us, it was a more "solid" feel for the business, which was what we were wanting to express.<br><br>"Insert last name here"  Bodywork.<br><br>Hope this helps.
Texas-gal

Postby barefootbodyworker on Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:43 am

I like the name "Bodyscapes."  Sounds like bodywork and escape blended.
Yours In Health
barefootbodyworker
Registered Member

Postby scavengerheart on Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:35 pm

Our business teacher suggested naming our businesses in keeping with a slogan or tag-line.  His was named<br>"Blue Moon Massage Clinic"  -  Because a massage this good only comes along once in a lifetime.<br><br>He had a friend convert a former auto repair garage into a clinic and called it "Massage Garage"<br><br>Scav
scavengerheart
Registered Member

Postby jenna1958 on Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:21 am

I'm glad somebody resurrected this thread.  Let me pose my situation.  I want to do both massage and also create healing mandalas.  Should I try to formulate a name for my business that would be an umbrella for both endeavors (in the vein of So-and-So Enterprises - only I wouldn't use enterprises) or should I make the distinction professionally?  Maybe just work under my own name?  Any thots?<br><br>--Jenna
jenna1958

Postby Texas-gal on Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:24 am

I'm glad somebody resurrected this thread.  Let me pose my situation.  I want to do both massage and also create healing mandalas.  Should I try to formulate a name for my business that would be an umbrella for both endeavors (in the vein of So-and-So Enterprises - only I wouldn't use enterprises) or should I make the distinction professionally?  Maybe just work under my own name?  Any thots?
<br><br>Definitely!<br><br>I like the idea of one business that covers both things.<br><br>It could be something like:<br><br>Therapeutic Healing Arts... this could incorporate both ideas..... you could just write in italics under the business name "Specializing in Massage and Mandala's" or something like that.<br><br>Therapeutic Healing Arts<br>     "Specializing in Massage and Mandala's" <br><br>Healing Artworks     <br>     "Specializing in Massage and Mandala's" <br><br>Hope this helps.  :)
Texas-gal

Postby jenna1958 on Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:29 am

[quote author=Texas-gal link=board=mass_tech;num=1035706499;start=0#12 date=09/08/04 at 13:24:01]<br><br>Definitely!<br><br>I like the idea of one business that covers both things.<br><br>It could be something like:<br><br>Therapeutic Healing Arts... this could incorporate both ideas..... you could just write in italics under the business name "Specializing in Massage and Mandala's" or something like that.<br><br>Therapeutic Healing Arts<br>     "Specializing in Massage and Mandala's" <br><br>Healing Artworks     <br>     "Specializing in Massage and Mandala's" <br><br>Hope this helps.  :)[/quote]<br><br><br><br>Great ideas!  Thanks!   I think I like the Healing Artworks...only maybe I'll do it Healing ArtWorks.<br><br>dancing away,<br>--Jenna<br><br>
jenna1958

Postby sagetherapist on Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:14 am

Its so simple, but how about Mandala Massage? Add your own tag line:  Therapeutic Bodywork, Healing Mandalas? <br>I know what a mandala looks like, but is there a definition for the sanskrit (??) word? Maybe that would give you a cool lead.<br>Jill/Sagetherapist
sagetherapist
Registered Member

Postby Skipndance on Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:50 pm

There are some really great ideas in this thread!  Get's the creative juices flowing...<br>Massage and Mandalas made me think of M&M's...mmm  ;D<br>I am half East Indian and I like some of the Hindi words.  The word Zindagi - it's Hindi for "Life" and Baharaanaa means "to cause to forget one's grief."  I'd like to incorporate that somehow if I ever open my own shop/dayspa/retreat.  For now it's just my name.<br><br>I looked up the word mandala in an online Sanskrit translator and it essentially is denoting circular, round, spherical, orbit, ring, disk, etc.<br><br>Anita/Skipndance<br>
Skipndance
Fresh Hands

Postby Shmoopie on Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:42 pm

How about Rub-a-Dub-Dub.  ;D
Shmoopie
Fresh Hands

Postby melb on Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:32 pm

How about Rub-a-Dub-Dub.  ;D

I'd be a bit careful with that one - bit too close to a rub and tug shop.  But then Seksi Spa is doing ok - they had trouble in the beginning, with strange phone calls, but they're well enough known now for it not to be a problem (they're in Cairns in Australia). How anyone could fail to notice what it sounds like, I can't understand.
melb
Registered Member

Postby jdcan on Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:32 am

Speaking of H.E.s, has anyone seen the Western Union commercial that advertises, "the only place in town you're guaranteed a happy ending"?  LOL when I first saw it. Had company at the time who didn't understand, making it even funnier.
jdcan
Moderator-S.S.S

Postby SommerMeadows on Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:49 pm

Since everyone's being creative...<br><br>I'm also trying to come up with a name for my business.  Right now it's just me but I have high hopes that I will be in my own place in 1-1/2 years (at teh most).  My husband thinks if I have a business name, it will be easier for my clients to follow.  I say it wouldn't matter either way as I would send out a mailer letting everyone know of the changes and when they will take place.  Anyhow...<br><br>My name is Sommer Meadows and I've thought about incorporating my name somehow (BTW- it's my married name) and I live in South Carolina.  I would like to have a place with multiple MTs with different specialities and maybe a Est. or nail tech.  <br>Any suggestions?<br><br>Also, I have been thinking about a catchy phrase to put on a magnet for my car.  I didn't want to include my name on the magnet, but it say Massage Therapy, my phone number & a catchy phrase.  The only thing I have come up with is "I've been trying to get in touch with you" but I'm not very creative and I think it sounds pretty cheezy.  I also don't want it to sound sleezy.<br><br>Any suggestions?<br><br>-Sommer<br>
-Sommer
SommerMeadows
Fresh Hands

Postby superspagirl on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:08 pm

Sommer, what if you called your business "The Meadows" Day Spa or "The Meadows" Natural Therapeutics? You get the idea. Or you could drop the plural sound to it and just use Meadow. When I read your name it made me think of walking through a lush place with flowers and trees. Very calming atmosphere. Just a thought. <br><br>I am calling my business Snake River Therapy. I am in Idaho and the Snake River is close by, very well known area and historically crossed by the pioneers as part of the Oregon Trail. I figured with a name like that I can add as many modalities as I want and bring other therapists on board one day if I branch out to my own building, like a Day Spa or something.
*Laurie*
superspagirl
Retired Moderator

Postby Kneadfulthings on Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:50 am

Ohhhh... I love the idea of Meadow Day Spa, or Meadow Therapies!  Great Idea!  <br><br>As far as the magnet, keeping with your original idea, just tweak it a little.  How about...<br><br>"It's time you got in touch!" <br> Call for a massage today!<br>555-1234

Kneadfulthings
Registered Member

Postby Kneadfulthings on Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:04 am

Ohhhh... I love the idea of Meadow Day Spa, or Meadow Therapies!  Great Idea!  <br><br>And with Snake River...you  can use the medical symbol (I am having a brain cramp on what it's called...) that has the snake and the wings...you know what I mean.  <br><br>As far as the magnet, keeping with your original idea, just tweak it a little.  How about...<br><br>"It's time you got in touch!" <br> Call for a massage today!<br>          555-1234<br>

Kneadfulthings
Registered Member

Postby Jon_O on Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:11 am

Cadeuses, is the name of the snake thing, I believe.<br><br>We wrestled with a name for our shop for along time, and I'm still not 100% happy with it.  We have a medical herbalist, reflexologist, myself an Rem MT, and about 30 artists showing their pieces on consignment.  It's named:<br>"Through the Arbour"<br>a gallery of arts and wellness<br><br>any other ideas?
"for instant relief, try slowing down" (Lily Tomlin)

Jon O
Jon_O
Registered Member

Postby SommerMeadows on Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:00 pm

Superspagirl:<br>I like them.  I'm not sure which I'll use or when but I am definately going to write them in my business journal.  I'm leaning towards the Meadows Natural Therapeutics as I want to be more than the basic Day Spa.  But GREAT ideas.<br><br>Kneadfulthings:<br>The little tweak was all I needed.  I think I am going to order them on Monday.  I've been dragging my feet for so long over these magnets and with your help I've finally found something I could put on my car without feeling like it was cheezy.  Thanks so much!<br><br>You guys are all the greatest!  I am new to this message board and I am amazed at how much every cares for eachother and truly wants to help each other with their businesses.  But then again, we are all MTs and we got in the profession because we all have a strong love for helping people so I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise.  Well, I want to say thank you and I'll stop before I get too sappy. ;D<br><br>-Sommer
-Sommer
SommerMeadows
Fresh Hands

Next

Return to Business Issues & Marketing Discussion