aromatherapy ultrasonic vs nebulizer

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

aromatherapy ultrasonic vs nebulizer

Postby arobertslmt on Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:59 pm

Hi everyone, I hope you all are doing well.
I would like to purchase a nebulizer or ultrasonic nebulizer for aromatherapy purposes. Which do you guys prefer, which one works better. I have read that both break up the EO into microparticles that are able to stay in the air for you the breathe in, cleanse the air...etc.
My understanding on the nebulizer is that it can get clogged & you have to replace the glass "tube" . Whereas the ultrasonic diffuser- you wipe out.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Angela
Just be...
arobertslmt
Fresh Hands

Postby softy515 on Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:08 pm

I have a glass tube and have never had it clog.
softy515
Registered Member

Postby JaneBNH on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:10 am

Marge posted this info on nebulizers:
http://www.naturesgift.com/Which-essent ... ffuser.htm

Also,
If you fax or scan/email your license info Marge will email you a professional discount code.
JaneBNH
Registered Member

Postby highlandbodyworks on Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:46 am

I have both the glass nebulizer & ultrasonic (atomizer) diffusers, and here's my take:

I like the atomizer better because it's VERY quiet, uses water which gives a little humidifier effect, and you can diffuse ANY EO in it - even the really think ones. Because the atomoizer breaks down the oil into smaller particles than the nebulizer, the EO will hang in the air longer. I love mine - I liked the glass nebulizer too, but mine was loud. And my atomizer has timers and diffusing levels, which I LOVE.

Have fun!

Jackie
highlandbodyworks
Registered Member

Return to Aromatherapy