CST and Treatment Protocols

Discussion of massage and bodywork techniques, along with holistic therapies, both generic and modality specific. A broad spectrum of discussion!

Moderators: stonegirl, riversinger

Gaspen
Registered Member

CST and Treatment Protocols

Post by Gaspen » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:55 pm

In regular massage sessions, I may need to gently ease away from an area (due to time) but with the plan to return to it if necessary at the next session. Is it safe to do this when using CST?
cstbrian wrote: In CSTI you will learn all about tissue release signs. Release signs tell you when you are 'done' at a particular area and can move on to the next or finish the session. You will find in most cases release signs happen fairly quickly depending on the restriction you are working on.
However, if you 'have to' stop the session in the middle of a release, the Inner Wisdom is very forgiving. Sometimes you can pick up where you left off at the next session. Sometimes the Inner Wisdom finished the process on its own, and the next session you notice the restriction is gone.

Brian
Glad ta meetcha...I'm your handy man.
www.SpencerMassage.com

StressSolutions

Re: CST and Treatment Protocols

Post by StressSolutions » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:56 pm

Gaspen wrote:In regular massage sessions, I may need to gently ease away from an area (due to time) but with the plan to return to it if necessary at the next session. Is it safe to do this when using CST?

Of course. If they walk in, they will walk out. It may agitate them if you leave unfinished, but if you gently ease.....should be fine. Try it on your cat.
Last edited by StressSolutions on Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gaspen
Registered Member

Post by Gaspen » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:41 pm

Yep. I like trying things on my plants first. They don't have claws.

Not having any experience with CST on the giving end, I know that my learning curve will be forever going forward (as with massage). I'm looking at it as a great learning opportunity.

Thanks, StressSolutions
Glad ta meetcha...I'm your handy man.
www.SpencerMassage.com

Return to “Massage & Holistic Therapies (Techniques, Modalities, etc.)”