:shock: I would never use anything that toxic on or in my body...especially on an open wound
Why not? Never? I cut myself badly on Sunday night. No bandages, no first aid kit. What I did have was a bottle of superglue (hobby brand gel cyanoacrylate,) that I was using at the moment to glue coral frags in my reef aquarium. Since I was bleeding insanely, (I had to tourniquet my finger,) it seems to me that the "toxic" solution was the least dangerous option. And it completely sealed the wound, no infection.
Yes, CA is "toxic," but hobbyists have been using superglue for YEARS in closed loop aquarium systems to set corals and rockwork, with the creatures in the tank, with no ill effects- either in the short term or the long term. Being that humans are not confined to a closed loop, and are so much larger than anything in the tank, and far less sensitive than a live coral (or SW fish,) the toxicity is minimal unless one is planning to bathe in it.
It seems to me, unless someone lives in a bubble, there are far more dangerous things encountered every day. And superglue/cyanoacrylate is an appropriate and viable treatment for wounds. The Krazyglue/Superglue story is only partially true. Some "superglue" products have colorants and fixative additives that may be more or less toxic. Read the label. If it says "cyanoacrylate" only, it is perfectly adequate for first aid applications.