World Reflexology Week

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

World Reflexology Week

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:46 am

The International Council of Reflexologists has a great page about the World Reflexology Week which is the last week of September. For more information visit http://icr-reflexology.org/World%20Reflexology%20Week%20Package.htm
Last edited by Dragonflies on Tue May 16, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Tue May 16, 2006 2:00 pm

Currently I am brainstorming, but I think I'll offer sessions with a percentage going to charity, or a discount if they bring in a charitable item (like canned food for the local food pantry or coats/blankets for a local shelter, etc...).

What are you doing for the 2006 WRW?
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby maestra on Tue May 16, 2006 3:31 pm

In keeping with the theme of Reflexology - and hands and feet being the primary areas of concern... Dragonflies, wouldn't socks and gloves me a cool idea to donate to Goodwill or some other place which offers clothing to those in need? :wink:
maestra
Site Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Tue May 16, 2006 5:00 pm

maestra wrote:In keeping with the theme of Reflexology - and hands and feet being the primary areas of concern... Dragonflies, wouldn't socks and gloves me a cool idea to donate to Goodwill or some other place which offers clothing to those in need? :wink:

What a cute idea Maestra! This is very clever, I don't think I would have thought of that myself but I LOVE IT!
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby lunabelle on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:43 am

Last year I took my chair to a Health Food Store for World Reflexology Week and accepted donations for treatments which I gave to the Canaidan Red Cross Society for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
lunabelle
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:30 pm

Well, WRW is coming up soon and I am using your idea maestra! Thanks so much for the tip! :D

I'll be collecting socks and gloves all month long and offering a raffle to those that bring in donations. They will be entered to win a 60 minute foot session, a 30 minute hand session, or a meditation book. I'm excited and hope my clients catch on to the excitement and we get a decent collection. It'll be rewarding to think that we're helping keep some hands and feet warm this winter. :)
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby ozripple on Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:23 pm

Hi, thanks for the ideas for WRW, its really got the old brain ticking over. As I've only just started out working 1 day a week and have a small client base I am going to mail out to all my clients and let them know that for all my profits for that week I will donate 50% to World Vision (I sponsor a child through them). It sounds like a grand gesture but it probably won't be as I'm not exactly rolling in cash right now!! Anyway, its a start and a worthwhile cause.

I'm also toying with the idea of contacting some local retirement villages and offering to do a day of free "taster" treatments as well.

Any other ideas out there?

Sally
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself - George Bernard Shaw
ozripple
Fresh Hands

Re:

Postby pueppi on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Dragonflies wrote:I'll be collecting socks and gloves all month long and offering a raffle to those that bring in donations. They will be entered to win a 60 minute foot session, a 30 minute hand session, or a meditation book.

Dragonflies, I love the way you incorporated maestra's brilliant idea into this project. Thanks for sharing!
The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics