World Reflexology Week

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

World Reflexology Week

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:46 am

The International Council of Reflexologists has a great page about the World Reflexology Week which is the last week of September. For more information visit http://icr-reflexology.org/World%20Reflexology%20Week%20Package.htm
Last edited by Dragonflies on Tue May 16, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Tue May 16, 2006 2:00 pm

Currently I am brainstorming, but I think I'll offer sessions with a percentage going to charity, or a discount if they bring in a charitable item (like canned food for the local food pantry or coats/blankets for a local shelter, etc...).

What are you doing for the 2006 WRW?
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby maestra on Tue May 16, 2006 3:31 pm

In keeping with the theme of Reflexology - and hands and feet being the primary areas of concern... Dragonflies, wouldn't socks and gloves me a cool idea to donate to Goodwill or some other place which offers clothing to those in need? :wink:
maestra
Site Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Tue May 16, 2006 5:00 pm

maestra wrote:In keeping with the theme of Reflexology - and hands and feet being the primary areas of concern... Dragonflies, wouldn't socks and gloves me a cool idea to donate to Goodwill or some other place which offers clothing to those in need? :wink:

What a cute idea Maestra! This is very clever, I don't think I would have thought of that myself but I LOVE IT!
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby lunabelle on Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:43 am

Last year I took my chair to a Health Food Store for World Reflexology Week and accepted donations for treatments which I gave to the Canaidan Red Cross Society for victims of Hurricane Katrina.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
lunabelle
Registered Member

Postby Dragonflies on Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:30 pm

Well, WRW is coming up soon and I am using your idea maestra! Thanks so much for the tip! :D

I'll be collecting socks and gloves all month long and offering a raffle to those that bring in donations. They will be entered to win a 60 minute foot session, a 30 minute hand session, or a meditation book. I'm excited and hope my clients catch on to the excitement and we get a decent collection. It'll be rewarding to think that we're helping keep some hands and feet warm this winter. :)
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby ozripple on Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:23 pm

Hi, thanks for the ideas for WRW, its really got the old brain ticking over. As I've only just started out working 1 day a week and have a small client base I am going to mail out to all my clients and let them know that for all my profits for that week I will donate 50% to World Vision (I sponsor a child through them). It sounds like a grand gesture but it probably won't be as I'm not exactly rolling in cash right now!! Anyway, its a start and a worthwhile cause.

I'm also toying with the idea of contacting some local retirement villages and offering to do a day of free "taster" treatments as well.

Any other ideas out there?

Sally
Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself - George Bernard Shaw
ozripple
Fresh Hands

Re:

Postby pueppi on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Dragonflies wrote:I'll be collecting socks and gloves all month long and offering a raffle to those that bring in donations. They will be entered to win a 60 minute foot session, a 30 minute hand session, or a meditation book.

Dragonflies, I love the way you incorporated maestra's brilliant idea into this project. Thanks for sharing!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through pastoral valleys tinkling with bells ...
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics