On-Site Supplies List

Chair massage is everywhere! Come discuss the latest trends, new opportunities, and your best techniques in the exciting field of Chair and Corporate Massage.

Moderators: Pete, MarionFM

Re: On-Site Supplies List

Postby jojo on Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:50 pm

Like I said, easy money....40.00per hour.  120.00 for the whole thing = 3 hours!  I don't know if that is the Infininite "rate" or if the corporations set something up???  There were 12 of us total and guests would come back at random for their time slot and whoever was open would do the massage...sometimes we would have to wait til the next round.  It was set up for 15 min. massages every 20 min.  The cruise company made up a sign up sheet with the times...7:00, 7:15, 7:30, etc.  and the guest would come back with their little sheet of paper with their time.  The last 30 min...only one person came back.  So the rest of us just chatted or gave massages to each other.  Plus the time went by so fast.  I think you will like it.  Especially if you get in with a group and you can see everyone elses techniques... ;)
NAMASTE
jojo
Registered Member

Postby DwD on Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:57 am

Wow, $40 and hour is really good! I hope to hear back from them, I filled out their form online last night. <br><br>You, of course, have to supply all your materials, right?<br>cradle covers, disinfectants, music, intake forms, etc?  <br><br><br>
DwD
Registered Member

Postby jojo on Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:55 am

They sent us a list of stuff we needed to have and then as it turned out, we didn't need most of it.  They say music, but from what I understand after talking to some who have done other chair events, they rarely have to supply music because there is so much noise or other music going on already... depends on the event.  I'm sure corporate or other situations where it's of a quiet nature then you want your own music.  We didn't have to do health forms, and all we really needed were our chairs, dissinfectent, and cradle covers.  And lots of water for yourself.  They also have their own uniform standards...black pants, black shirt or white shirt...simple.  Now you probably won't hear from them until there is an event.  I signed up with them back in Dec. and completely forgot about it until they called me towards the end of March.  When they do call, they just simply ask you if you are available and you tell them either yes or no.  They give you the dates and then they will have you fax or email docs to them.  Your insurance, a contract for them, and I think that was it.  The contract is very basic...When you are doing events for them, you are considered an "Infinite" employee...so you can't promote your own business...however, they give you their business cards and you can fill in your name and then the client will call Infinite and request you and then Infinite will give them your contant info.  You are allowed to accept tips but can't have a tip jar.  I was rather nervous about the whole thing at first and didn't know what to expect, but once I got there and got set up and met with the others, (this was their first time w/Infinite too) it was just awsome!  They designate one person to hand out the checks at the end of the event and who also just goes over some of the basic info while you are there and she/he is also the contact person you check in with if you have any questions.  Everyone there is on the same level and everyone had so much fun....Just don't get discouraged if you don't hear anything for a while.  Feel free to ask any more questions.  <br>Take care,<br>JoJo
NAMASTE
jojo
Registered Member

Postby DwD on Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:56 am

Thanks for the info.  I won't worry then if i dont hear from them, they have my name at least -- so hopefully I will hear back from them.   Thanks for the information! You were extremely helpful!    I hope theydo  call, sounds like fun , even if you cannot promote yourself its still worth it for the experience and get out to meet people.<br><br>Thanks again, your so helpful!
DwD
Registered Member

Postby Masthera on Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:24 am

Forgot one more question.  Well, more like 2 questions:

1)  Is there enuf time when there is a waiting line to read all the information on form??  

2)  For what conditions would you turn someone away?  I was taught my pathlogy and disease in school, but just wondering if you treat it same way as if you were doing one hour full session on a table? For table massage where condition are contraindicated, would they be the same for chair massage??

Yes.  Just take your time and don't let the line rush you.  It is well worth the wait for the ones in the line.  Using a shorter form helps.  Less to fill out for them and less for you to read through.  

You should follow your regular guidelines for contraindications while doing chair massage.  

Good Luck!
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford
Masthera
Retired Site Admin

Postby Gaspen on Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:09 am

It's also a good idea to ascertain whether or not the client is aware of any low blood pressure issues as they may experience dizziness while receiving the massage especially when coming up from the face forward stance. Good luck and have fun!
Glad ta meetcha...I'm your handy man.
www.SpencerMassage.com
Gaspen
Registered Member

Postby DwD on Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:24 pm

All great info! Thanks!<br><br>Is the Intake Form differant than the "Sign up sheet??<br><br>Is the sign up sheet to determine the "next in line order"?<br><br><br>
DwD
Registered Member

Postby Masthera on Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:28 am

All great info! Thanks!

Is the Intake Form different than the "Sign up sheet??

Is the sign up sheet to determine the "next in line order"?

Your intake form will have their personal information on it that they fill out.  Your sign up sheet should either list times or available slots and they add their name to the slot.

For my regular jobs the clients sign up for a specific time.  A sheet is already set up with the specific times available.

I have never used a sign up sheet for larger events (the larger events have all been free).  I just had clients wait in line.  You could have them sign up for a place, but it might be difficult to track them down if they are not still in the line when it is their turn and this will take time from your massages.  
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford
Masthera
Retired Site Admin

Postby DwD on Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:20 pm

I see, that makes sense.  Well, I think that about is all of my questions, I have my first one next tuesday and another one on wednesday, soooo, im sure ill be somewhat of a pro by then. :-)  <br><br>Thanks for your help! I do love chair massage, just wish i knew how to market it on my own more. Like approaching even big stores, like borders or something, or for grand openings.<br><br>Does anyone know what if any, liability concerns storefronts would have in allowing you to do this on their property (even with their permisssion),. If i am insured, is that enough to convince the store owner to trust me and not worry bout any lawsuits etc??<br><br>Denise<br>
DwD
Registered Member

Postby Lorkie on Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:56 pm

Thanks for your help! I do love chair massage, just wish i knew how to market it on my own more. Like approaching even big stores, like borders or something, or for grand openings.
<br>Denise, try not to sit around thinking about how to do something so much that you miss the opportunity.  Just walk in the store, ask for the manager, introduce yourself & tell him/her what you'd like to do.  It might be something that they've never thought about, or they might be able to refer you to another store/location.  You never know, but if you keep trying to figure out the best way to do it, someone else might get there before you.<br><br>Just do it!!! ;)
Laurie
Lorkie
Fresh Hands

Postby Texas-gal on Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:34 am

I have my first one next tuesday and another one on wednesday, soooo, im sure ill be somewhat of a pro by then.
<br><br>The cool thing is, you probably will... even though I think you were making a joke about this.  It is amazing how fast chair massage is figured out!  You'll do great! Let us know how it ends up!  :)
Texas-gal

Postby DwD on Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:48 pm

Yep, I bought some Viva soft papertowels, those are great!. here's what i was thinking, tell me if anyone thinks its not antibac enough.<br><br>I have some of those sanicover head rest covers, i bought a box of i think 100 for $12.  I wont order them again from this company cuz they charged me $8 to ship it! geeesh!<br>anyway, if i put on of those covers on cradle and then on top of that  I put the Viva Towels and then just keep replacing the VIva towels in between clients and leave the sanicover on.... it seems the sanicover holds the papertowel in place nicely.  Maybe after 10 or so clients, id replace the sanicover, but what do ya'll think?  Do you think its sanitary to do it that way?  
DwD
Registered Member

Postby jojo on Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:02 pm

Hi Denise,<br><br>You WILL feel like a pro when you have done your two chair events.  Best wishes to you on that!  Also, regarding the face covers and the brawny's...when I did my last event, there were a couple of therapists who used the flannel covers on their face cradles and still covered them with disposable covers.  I would think that this would be alright.  Unless you have someone who really sweats alot!  ;)  Also, for those interested in using the disposable face covers...they had them on ebay for (I think it was) around 5.00 bucks, brand new...shipping was like $7 but still, compared to what you would normally pay for them, that's a good deal and they were for a 100 count.  <br><br>Namaste!<br>JoJo
NAMASTE
jojo
Registered Member

Postby tiger snacks on Thu May 13, 2010 1:23 pm

My massage school tells us to use pillow case for face cradle but that works too
The world does not pay for your education and knowledge. It pays you for what you DO with that knowledge.

It is not the lawyer who knows his law that wins the case. It is the one that PREPARES his case that wins.
tiger snacks
Registered Member

Postby LadyNiko on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:40 pm

tiger snacks wrote:My massage school tells us to use pillow case for face cradle but that works too

If I'm only doing a few folks at a chair massage event, then yeah, pillow cases will work....

However, I did 24 people one day at a school teacher's appreciation day and I don't have 24 pillow cases! :lol:

I did paper towels and it worked just fine. :) (Ended up w/ a $55 tip from the PTO group for the day! :D)
The little white men in the little white coats are coming to take me away! he he ho ho ha ha!
LadyNiko
Registered Member

Location: Somewhere on Planet Earth in an apartment ruled by 2 cats

Previous

Return to Chair and Corporate Massage