Rose Water Facials...need some direction!

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

Rose Water Facials...need some direction!

Postby Kneadfulthings on Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:29 pm

Well as my office is gearing up for V-Day specials, I would like to offer a Rosewater facial (my esthetician would be the one to do them, obviously). The problem is that neither one of us can find the protocol to do one. Does anyone have any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated!

(I have been searching for a skin care message board, and nothing compares to the quaility of this fine, fine board!)
Barter for bodywork, lotion, travel ... even CEU's!

http://www.bodyworkshops.com
Destination: Success! Create your perfect practice!
Kneadfulthings
Registered Member

Postby maestra on Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:27 pm

I don't know if you wanted recipes for making the products yourself, or if you wanted to purchase them ready made...
But I did find a link I thought you might be interested in for Rose products:

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/face/face.php

I don't know about their products but recall having seen a few other board members say they'd gotten things from this company that they were Very pleased with.

HTH,
“Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell” - Bill Copeland
maestra
Site Admin

Postby seekingequanimity on Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:36 pm

maestra wrote:
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/face/face.php

I don't know about their products but recall having seen a few other board members say they'd gotten things from this company that they were Very pleased with.

HTH,

:smt006 I have purchased many products from them and totally stand behind their high standards. Their rose water is the best I have ever used.
As far as the facial goes, can you put the rosewater in the steamer? If not, how about doing a mask of rose water, by moistening tissues with rose water and applying to the face. How about sprinkling dried rose petals on the facial bed? some ideas to get you started..

Noel
seekingequanimity
Registered Member

Postby sagetherapist on Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:07 pm

I add geranium EO to my rosewater & use a few spritzes in my hand with my facial massage lotion for massaging the face. There has GOT to be some kind of aloe or unscented facial mask out there that you could add rose & geranium EOs to... guess you can tell I'm fond of the two of them together.
Jill/Sagetherapist
sagetherapist
Registered Member

Postby SalemRose on Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:12 pm

We're not doing a rose water facail....we're doing a rose facial massage...
Gonna start off with a hot towel soaked in rose water then move on to a rose hip seed oil blend to do a full facail massage and finish it all up with a light cold stone massage.

Steph!
~If wishes were fishes, we'd have some to fry!~
SalemRose
Registered Member

Postby Kneadfulthings on Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:03 pm

I was concerned with putting something other than just distilled water in the steamer for fear of it leaving a residue. Any input on that?

Love the idea of the hot towel soaked in rosewater, and I will begin looking for an unscented mask. Keep those awesome ideas coming! I am gratetful!!!!!
Barter for bodywork, lotion, travel ... even CEU's!

http://www.bodyworkshops.com
Destination: Success! Create your perfect practice!
Kneadfulthings
Registered Member

Postby LauraBeth on Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:22 am

Never ever put anything in the steamer besides distilled water. It's just bad news.
LauraBeth
Fresh Hands

Re: Rose Water Facials...need some direction!

Postby Jenn@AttunedMotion on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:25 pm

I would recommend spritzing a mist spray, or adding aromatherapy only to steamers that have "filter" for the drops. Steamers are persnicky machines, and putting anything but clean distilled water in it can clog up lines, or worse, spit water!
"The best pioneers are the ones actually out the doing massage. They get devotees just from having put their hands on them. That's what keeps the field alive and moving."
~Tiffany Fields
Jenn@AttunedMotion
Registered Member

Return to Spa Techniques