Erectile dysfunction

A forum focusing on discussion of injuries, illnesses, pathologies and procedures in alleviating, relieving and/or referring.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, Talenyn

Erectile dysfunction

Postby crarant on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Are there any techniques/modalities/whatever that might help improve erectile dysfunction? I'm asking because my fiance is 36 and has severe ED due to complications of diabetes. The diabetes is now under control, but the ED persists and has been unresponsive to any treatments he has tried including both prescription and natural. I am in massage school now, and I am willing to get more training/CE in any methods that could help him if such a thing exists.
crarant
Fresh Hands

Re: Erectile dysfunction

Postby squash_blsm on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:22 am

Assuming that you have already ruled out any possible medical problems...

Have you looked into reflexology techniques?
Stress reduction techniques? It has to be said - with men it is often psychological or emotional stressors.

I would also continue research dietary/supplemental support...even just basic nutritional stuff...
you might want to look into detox programs too.
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
http://www.kiva.org/...ls/by/cindy9404
squash_blsm

Postby crarant on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Thanks for your reply. His doctor says it is due to vascular damage caused by the diabetes, but that it might get better over time if he continues to manage the diabetes. I was thinking about reflexology as well.
crarant
Fresh Hands

Postby moogie on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:36 pm

I don't have any suggestions for his ED but I can give some advice on getting his diabetes under control. A few years ago, I was taking 5 pills and at least one shot a day. I am now completely medication free.

First of all, he must lose weight. Even losing 10% of his body weight will start to make a difference. Exercise is extremely helpful but the biggest thing is his diet. While every one is different, I discovered that in order to control my blood sugars I had to completely eliminate bread and potatoes, most pastas and rices. I severely limit starchy carbs and only eat small amounts of beans, brown rice, quinoa and oatmeal. I treat those items respectfully and only have them in small amounts. I eat mainly lean meats and proteins, lots and lots of non-starchy veggies, dairy and 2 servings of fruit/day.

Best of luck to him,
Angie
moogie
Site Admin

Postby crarant on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks for your reply. He has lost 140 lbs and he's currently only on Metformin for it. He also found out he is sensitive to most grains, so he doesn't eat them anymore. The vascular damage he suffered before he was diagnosed was severe though. He is now legally blind and he has come close to needing to have his foot amputated a couple of times, even after the weight loss.
crarant
Fresh Hands

Return to Injury - Illness - Pathology - Procedure