Testimonials Success

Help each other prosper! Share ideas, concerns and frustrations of developing your business. Share those creative marketing ideas that work! (SOAP charting, rate increases, outcalls, taxes, etc.)

Moderators: Talenyn, JLWmassage

Testimonials Success

Postby healingfaerie on Wed May 23, 2012 10:29 am

has anyone here ever used client testimonials for client retention, and or new clients? I was working with a chiropractor doing a chair massage event, and they had a whole notebook full of happy past clients, photos and all! I think I would prefer to use this as a relative marketing tool, but what other good are they? Obviously good for word of mouth and upkeeping reputation.
If anyone has experience using testimonials for their potential clients, I would LOVE some feedback on how well it works for you, how you present and keep the records, and if it's worth it in the end!
I do have opportunities to use something like this when i talk to new clients doing chair massage @ whole foods.
thanks for the thoughts!
Blessings!
healingfaerie
Fresh Hands

Re: Testimonials Success

Postby pueppi on Thu May 24, 2012 6:40 am

My clients leave testimonials on CitySearch. To my knowledge, in Texas, I cannot have testimonials in my office as you describe or on my website ( that is in regard to DC license, and since I am dual, that pertains to me --- I am not sure about the specifics for MT-only in Texas as I have never read over the entire law for it).

I am PM'ing you my CitySearch page so you can see those. :)

The CitySearch page works great for people wanting to get a feel for what I offer and how I work. I highly recommend it.
The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby stonegirl on Thu May 24, 2012 5:20 pm

I think testimonials are great. I haven't done anything with them other than have them on my website - and I have had clients call and tell me they chose me because of my testimonials. But other than have them online or in brochures, I'm not sure how else you would use them as a marketing tool? What ideas did you have in mind?
Oh, but I have seen something similar to your chiro - a therapist who had a "feedback journal" in the waiting room. That was pretty cool to flip through and read while waiting for an appointment. :D
stonegirl

Postby healingfaerie on Sat May 26, 2012 3:29 pm

I was pretty much thinking about having a notebook full of 'em, and going from there. My space is EXTREMELY private, it's my home, so clients don't really have time to sit and wait for...anything, they are here to get work and that is all. I think it could still be worthwhile to compile one for chair massage events. :) plenty of wait time there! <3 thanks guys!
healingfaerie
Fresh Hands

Postby JasonE on Sat May 26, 2012 4:34 pm

I occasionally use testimonials on our Facebook page, in our e-mails, etc. Social media seems like the best fit for us to use testimonials.
Jason Erickson, NCTMB, ACE-CPT, AIS-TA
Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer
http://www.CSTMinnesota.com

Internet forums are like going to the zoo; if you get enough monkeys together, sooner or later someone will start throwing their poo.
JasonE
Moderator-S.S.S

Postby kathryn on Sat May 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Most of the clients I get tell me that it was my testimonials that sealed the deal for them to call me. I have testimonials on my website, online booking page, Yelp and Google. Testimonials on forums like Yelp and Google and the other, such as CitySearch will also raise your ranking on web searches.
kathryn
Registered Member

Return to Business Issues & Marketing Discussion