Diamond massage :-)

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

Diamond massage :-)

Postby EgoMagickian on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Would you want diamonds in your massage?

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-fin ... d-massage/
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Re: Diamond massage :-)

Postby moose_goose on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:10 pm

The massage technique is nothing particularly special – it’s a simple hands-on, full-body massage that last 90 minutes – but the oils used are some of the most exclusive in the world. Rachel Knapp, spa director at The Trump Soho in New York, says that unlike most massage oils, which are comprised of only 10% or 20% essential oils (i.e. – lavender, bergamot, etc.) and the rest carrier oil (i.e. – sesame oil, olive oil, etc.), these particular oils contain 100% essential oils and no carrier oil at all, making them quite special and expensive.
And then there’s that whole being-infused-with-gemstones thing. The oil comes in four different varieties – diamond, emerald, sapphire and ruby – each of which contains crushed pieces of the actual stone.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-fin ... z1sievE0Ud

I'd be a little concerned about the whole being massaged with 100% essential oil part!
moose_goose
Registered Member

Postby akashafive on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm

moose_goose wrote:I'd be a little concerned about the whole being massaged with 100% essential oil part!

:iagree: That was definitely the part that caught my attention! :shock: As for precious stones in my massage oil; hey if you can afford it, why not! Though even if I could, I'm not sure I'd spend my moola on something like that, lol! :roll:
-Akasha
"Happiness is a journey, not a destination."
-Nancy Giles
akashafive
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:04 am

I'm hoping the rich and famous are knowledgeable enough to see when they are being bamboozeled. :)

I also agree with the others on the aromatherapy essential oils. How much do you want to bet that those MT's do not have training in EO's? It sure makes things "special" alright... :lipsaresealed:
The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby EgoMagickian on Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Yeah, I saw that too... figured it was related to that Raindrop thing I'm not a fan of... for the reasons mentioned.
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Wed May 09, 2012 6:37 am

moose_goose wrote:
The massage technique is nothing particularly special – it’s a simple hands-on, full-body massage that last 90 minutes – but the oils used are some of the most exclusive in the world. Rachel Knapp, spa director at The Trump Soho in New York, says that unlike most massage oils, which are comprised of only 10% or 20% essential oils (i.e. – lavender, bergamot, etc.) and the rest carrier oil (i.e. – sesame oil, olive oil, etc.), these particular oils contain 100% essential oils and no carrier oil at all, making them quite special and expensive.
And then there’s that whole being-infused-with-gemstones thing. The oil comes in four different varieties – diamond, emerald, sapphire and ruby – each of which contains crushed pieces of the actual stone.

Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-fin ... z1sievE0Ud

I'd be a little concerned about the whole being massaged with 100% essential oil part!

Geeze! 5% should be the top number you're using for therapeutic applications and 1-3% is a safer number if you're not qualified in aromatherapy. :roll:

And how about this menu item?
Begin your romantic ritual with a side-by-side bath,
immersed in skin-softening salts and playful bubbles.
Enjoy a glass of champagne and selection of oysters
on ice, and allow their aphrodisiac qualities to travel
throughout your body as you soak in a new state of
calm. Rise from the foam and surrender to your aromainfused
couples massage just steps away while candles
and select music set the tone.

For only $675 you and your partner can take a bubble bath and then have those essential oils applied neat so you're pretty much guaranteed to have a skin reaction since your liver is busy processing that champagne. But oh hey, who cares about industry guidelines and standards of ethics, it's The Spa at Trump. Pffft.
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Return to Spa Techniques