updated my website- please look!

An artistic area and computer technology section all rolled into one. Here to help bring you into the computer information age and provide inspiration for your website.

Moderators: Talenyn, stonegirl

updated my website- please look!

Postby PremoMT on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:47 am

hi all,
I just recently updated my website in hopes to get my site ranking higher on search engines. Just tweaked a few things, not sure how much it will help, but I need you to go look at the site and tell me how it looks, if its easy to navigate, are there any spelling errors etc.

also, I am looking to network and link out to other therapists if they will do the same for me. :-)
My Website www.premospa.com
PremoMT
Registered Member

Re: updated my website- please look!

Postby athletica on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:25 am

I'm not sure if its a setting, but it's nearly impossible for me to read the text! The brown background makes it difficult.
athletica
Registered Member

Postby bethanybob on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:28 pm

On the left sidebar, the two testimonials are cut off and feel incomplete. You could have one short selection from a testimonial, and then the link to more.

I noticed that you have an auto-playing bird songs track on your massage and body care service pages. There was no easy option to stop it other than to move to a new page. You want to ensure that your audience sticks around to read those pages, right? ;)

Overall, the site looks pretty good. I like the color scheme -- the tans and browns and blue. You have some great pictures up, too!
bethanybob
Fresh Hands

Postby PremoMT on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks for the imput friends!

The background should change from completley brown to brown with tan then text on top of tan.

with regards to the sound, the option to silence it is at the bottom of every page it plays on. I do not have control over that ...
PremoMT
Registered Member

Postby Pete on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:09 am

Some thoughts:

• In the opening paragraph of the Massage Services page: I would make "Book Now" an active link to your online booking page. Why make people look for the link? I would also add the link wherever you are directing your potential client to another area for more info. (For instance, the Ashiatsu paragraph.)
  • You have Chair Massage spelled as "Chiar" in the header for that section.
  • It took me a moment to realize that the 15-25 (or 65-95, etc) referred to your pricing. I would clarify that with a "$" in front of the amount.
  • Does your pricing fall anywhere within that range or is it $65 for 1 hour and $95 for 90 mins? So, I would specify the session length associated with that price.

Other than that, I think your site is well thought out and easy to navigate and I think your massage room is absolutely beautiful!
Pete
Retired Site Admin

Postby PremoMT on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:41 am

I don't know how to hyperlink... That's why it's on the sidebar.
I was trying to go with the feel of a high end brochure with the pricing and time.
Gotten a lot of static about that... I'll change it- seems like it will make it easier to understand.
Darn my dyslexia !
Thanks forthe imput!
PremoMT
Registered Member

Postby Pete on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:19 am

PremoMT wrote:I don't know how to hyperlink... That's why it's on the sidebar.
I was trying to go with the feel of a high end brochure with the pricing and time.
Gotten a lot of static about that... I'll change it- seems like it will make it easier to understand.
Darn my dyslexia !
Thanks forthe imput!

You're welcome.

You may want to look into how to do the hyperlinks. It's not that difficult really and I think it would make your page that much easier to navigate.
Pete
Retired Site Admin

Return to Website Ideas, Software & Technical Information