Recommended Books To Learn From

List info on names and links to Online Study Aids, Articles, Books & Videos. Insurance info for Professional Practice (disability, liability, health). Association Info.

Moderator: GreenDragonfly

Recommended Books To Learn From

Postby travisr138 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi all and thanks for taking to time to read my post. I am looking for must have books to learn and train myself further in the art of massage therapy and ect. Any help is greatly appreciated!
travisr138
Fresh Hands

Re: Recommended Books To Learn From

Postby pueppi on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:46 am

I've put a hefty list of useful books on my Amazon Massage & Bodywork Related Store.

I own (in order of how the store is layed out):
... a few by Shogo Mochizuki.
... A Zen approach to bodytherapy: from Rolf to Feldenkrais to Tanouye Roshi - By William S. Leigh
... a majority of the Anatomy & Physiology books.
...The Physiology of the Joints, Volume 1, 2 & 3: by I. A. Kapandji MD
... the Warfels & Anatomy Trains (both excellent in their own right)
... all of the Feldenkrais books.
... a majority of the more medically oriented orthopedic books (although nothing that is massage related like the ones by Whitney W. Lowe... but they are known to be very good).
... a nice group of the myofascial books.
... one of the cranio-sacral.
... two of the basic massage texts.
... a few of the Rolfing books.
... all of the Rene Cailliet books.
... the neuroanatomy books.
... a number of the pathology books
... and some trigger point/Nimmo/neuromuscular books (not sure I listed those... will look into it).

I say this, because I have tried to put together a list of useful books and not just anything that comes from the internet.

BTW, Illustrated Physiology by B.R. MacKenna is an excellent text if you need to understand physiology but don't want to purchase an entire library of the stuff. :)

For Reflexology books, you may wish to look at http://astore.amazon.com/thebaredrag-20.
The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Re: Recommended Books To Learn From

Postby pueppi on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:25 am

Also, see this thread: Massage Books
The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Resources