What Body Treatments are you doing?

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

What Body Treatments are you doing?

Postby squash_blsm on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Just checking in with other spa girls and guys ...

Is anyone doing a lot of scrubs, wraps, or other body treatments?

What products or services do you LOVE?

I am changing up my menu and not sure what I am going to leave on or add yet, and I am considering trying some different product lines.
I was using Hylunia at my other location and they have an Ayurvedic Women's Balanicng Herbal Treatment(scrub and wrap), that looks nice - so I think I will add this one. It incorporates essential oils to balance doshas.

I'm not a huge fan of salt scrubs, but I might leave this on the menu anyway...not sure...
any thoughts?
:massage:
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
http://www.kiva.org/...ls/by/cindy9404
squash_blsm

Re: What Body Treatments are you doing?

Postby pueppi on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:47 am

FWIW, Pevonia usually has good products. I worked with some of their items many years ago & they have a nice moor mud. I can also give a thumbs up for their Detox Thallasso Body Wrap (Seaweed).

08/30/11: Typo. :)
Last edited by pueppi on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Matt on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:55 am

This a great topic for me as well, as I am looking to add some additional treatments now that I will have more room in my new space. I plan on adding hot stone as soon as I get settled in my new office. I havent offered it up until now because the space I am in is cramped and is very hot and stuffy. I offer dry brushing now, but to be honest no one has ever scheduled a dry brush - although a few have asked about it. I like the feeling of salt scrubs but I always seem to not get all the salt off and it drives me crazy for the rest of the treatment. Maybe I need more practice - or use less salt.
I'm interested in dry room treatments myself, as I do not have a sink in my new office.
Matt
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Matt wrote:I'm interested in dry room treatments myself, as I do not have a sink in my new office.

Here are a few links you'll probably like:

The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Timedess on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:49 pm

pueppi wrote:
Matt wrote:I'm interested in dry room treatments myself, as I do not have a sink in my new office.

Here are a few links you'll probably like:

So does having a SINK in the room constitute it being a "wet room"? I thought you had to have a shower available, or something. We have a sink in the treatment room (and a very nice counter/cabinets across the back wall)-- would this make it *very much easier* to do spa treatments than if we didn't? Oh golly I'm such a ditz when it comes to stuff like this I'm clueless!
~Renee
Timedess
Registered Member

Postby shivashiva on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:02 pm

Timedess wrote:So does having a SINK in the room constitute it being a "wet room"? I thought you had to have a shower available, or something. We have a sink in the treatment room (and a very nice counter/cabinets across the back wall)-- would this make it *very much easier* to do spa treatments than if we didn't?

I don't think so. I've done wraps/scrubs/etc in rooms with both nothing and rooms with a sink. The sink makes it marginally easier. In a pinch you have fresh water. In a room without a sink, I always have a bowl of clean water that I prepared before the treatment to rinse my hands or whatnot. In the rare instance that I forget the water, or that I need more water part-way through, I just step out to get a clean bowl of water. It takes less than a minute. This happens VERY rarely and the only reason I've had to step out is when I've forgotten to get the water in the first place.
Shiva
O friend, understand. / The body is like the ocean, rich with hidden treasures. / Open your innermost chamber / And light its lamp - Mirabai
Blue Lotus Day Spa, Ruidoso, NM | Residential Yoga Teacher Trainings & Bali Yoga Retreats
shivashiva
Registered Member

Postby squash_blsm on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:36 pm

pueppi wrote:FWIW, Pevonia ususally has good products. I worked with some of their items many years ago & they have a nice moor mud. I can also give a thumbs up for their Detox Thallasso Body Wrap (Seaweed).

They do not sell wholesale unless you are an approved account...I can't afford their minimums.
So not an option. I was in a larger spa with this line about 4 yrs ago.
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
squash_blsm

Postby squash_blsm on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Matt wrote:This a great topic for me as well, as I am looking to add some additional treatments now that I will have more room in my new space. I plan on adding hot stone as soon as I get settled in my new office. I havent offered it up until now because the space I am in is cramped and is very hot and stuffy. I offer dry brushing now, but to be honest no one has ever scheduled a dry brush - although a few have asked about it. I like the feeling of salt scrubs but I always seem to not get all the salt off and it drives me crazy for the rest of the treatment. Maybe I need more practice - or use less salt.
I'm interested in dry room treatments myself, as I do not have a sink in my new office.

Matt - I only do a dry brush combined with a wrap. Most people like it.

With Salt scrubs - yeah - less salt! LOL.
It's not just you - scrubs can be a challenge to remove - but I think hot towels are much nicer than packing them off to a shower.

If I am doing a scrub and massage - I massage just one area FIRST (like the back), then use the salt scrub, remove with a hot towel and swipe a nice moisturizer over. Then move on to the next area.
For just a scrub I use Spa Blends butter scrub
squash_blsm

Postby pueppi on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:36 am

Here's some other useful threads for dry rooms:

Looks like there may be some thigns in there for other treatment ideas too.
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby coppertop098 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Does anyone know of a non-oily body butter? I think it stays oily on the client's skin because of the shea?
coppertop098
Fresh Hands

Postby GreenDragonfly on Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:29 am

coppertop098 wrote:Does anyone know of a non-oily body butter? I think it stays oily on the client's skin because of the shea?

By it's nature, I don't think it's possible to have a non-oily body butter. To minimize the feel, you could have some hot damp towels to go over the area after it's worked. This actually feels really good as long as you quickly cover the area after swiping it down to minimize the client getting chilled.
Laughter is the best medicine :) It's good for the soul and great for the abs!
GreenDragonfly

Postby squash_blsm on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:38 am

coppertop098 wrote:Does anyone know of a non-oily body butter? I think it stays oily on the client's skin because of the shea?

I use the Spa Blends body butter...I have had no trouble with absorption and oiliness.
I love doing a hydrating massage with this - my own hands and arms are always ultra soft.

But yes, if you use a lot I'm sure it could feel "oily".

Spa Blends has reduced their minimums (I think I already mentioned that), so besides the professional sizes you can bring in retail sizes.
squash_blsm

Postby otter on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:55 pm

I use loofla gloves for exfoliation treatments. I use a calcium bentonite clay for my mud treatments. One thing I do that clients love is clay spot treatments. Back, Arms and Hands and feet and calves. I have to use dryroom techniques so this works well for me.
otter
Fresh Hands

Return to Spa Techniques