Hay Ya'll coming in from Austin Texas

Introduce yourself; tell us your birthday; become a part of our community!

Moderator: GreenDragonfly

Hay Ya'll coming in from Austin Texas

Postby ATM on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:39 am

Hi!

To introduce myself, I'm actually from Liberty Hill, Texas outside of Austin (not real good with big cities). I own an Office in Cedar Park, Texas and Direct a massage program in Austin Texas. The funny part is I started massage therapy in Gainesville, Florida. I've been a therapist for a few years now... (Sometimes too many years).

I started in massage from my own injuries, spent a couple years in a wheel chair from a freak accident, came out the other end doing something I love and a big pay back to the therapist that helped me.

I've been teaching massage for about 16 years in Florida and in Texas. I love the students and all the gifts they bring to me.

You will have to forgive my writing on an occasion or two, one of the side effects of the accident is a great case of dyslexia, make for some interesting spelling errors and sometime some pretty funny grammar errors.

I can't remember how I got here but, the section on pathologies interested me to not end, you don't find many therapists going to to such remarkable detail. You folks have a great tool here. Hope I can add something that may be useful to others in the future.

I'm really not very good at relaxation massage any more. Most of my work is focused on injuries and anything no one else whats to work through. I love puzzles.

And if you haven't noticed, I talk to much!
Alex

Your only limitation in life is your imagination!
ATM
Fresh Hands

Re: Hay Ya'll coming in from Austin Texas

Postby moogie on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:39 am

Hi Alex

:smt006

Welcome to the board and feel free to talk as much as you like. Did you go to the Florida School of Massage in Gainesville? I've been there a few times for CEU classes and enjoyed the school very much.

Angie
moogie
Site Admin

Postby ATM on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:57 am

I did go to the Florida School of Massage... Part of the outlawed "D" class. The school there is remarkable, and alway evolving to the student and communities needs. Paul has done a fantastic job!
Alex

Your only limitation in life is your imagination!
ATM
Fresh Hands

Postby Timedess on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi Alex; welcome from a bit further north in Texas!
~Renee
Timedess
Registered Member

Postby TouchofGrace on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Welcome aboard, Alex! :)
~Sandra

Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow...it empties today of its strength
TouchofGrace
Registered Member

Postby maestra on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi Alex,
Welcome to BWOL.
I'm glad you have found the board useful. And I hope you continue to share the website with other MTs and students you come into contact with.
:massage:
“Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell” - Bill Copeland
maestra
Site Admin

Postby AngelaJudy on Sat May 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Here's a "Hey Y'all" back at ya from a Carolina Girl! It's actually sort of a slogan for our state over here! :)
Massage Charleston, SC - Providing affordable massage in Charleston, SC with a focus on relaxation, rehabilitation, pain relief, prevention, & performance.
AngelaJudy
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:00 am

ATM,

We hope you will post often. As an instructor, you can being a wealth of knowledge to the forums. Please dive in!

Welcome! :)
The Massage Toolbox - Ideas, Resources, Tools and Music. ♫ - Or, search the Post Archives. And, visit us on Facebook.
pueppi
Registered Member

Return to Introductions and Birthdays