Feeling Unbalanced

Reiki practioners and other energy workers, here's your chance to discuss all matters relating to your modality. Instant Karma and Chakra balancing to be found within!

Moderators: Talenyn, riversinger

Feeling Unbalanced

Postby JLWmassage on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:42 am

I had a client request Deep Tissue and Reiki for her 90 min. massage here is a copy of the review she left on my site

excellent touch and professionalism - I experienced a 75 minute treatment of deep tissue back body and Reiki. I would've benefitted more from deep tissue front body as well; felt a little imbalanced afterward in that sense. But altogether good experience.

She gave me no instructions as to how she wanted her massage. Now my question is it a disservious to the client tyring to blend energy work with massage?
JLWmassage

Re: Feeling Unbalanced

Postby pyronymph on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:55 am

I try to always do at least some massage on the front of the body as well as the back... especially working the pecs and neck and shoulders usually is enough to make the client feel balanced. Then do compressions for the rest of the anterior body, so they've at least been touched.

I find that sometimes mixing modalities (I do massage and craniosacral) can be awkward, and other times I can flow very smoothly between them. It really depends on the moment. It can be frustrating.
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. - Dick Cavett
pyronymph
Registered Member

Postby JLWmassage on Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:10 am

When someone asks for a mix is it better to have it blended throughout the massage, if that possible. Or is it better to discourage clients from mixing bc it makes the flow awkward?
JLWmassage

Postby pyronymph on Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:58 pm

In such a situation I would normally start with massage, with the intent of doing the energy work after, unless I came upon something that called for it.
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. - Dick Cavett
pyronymph
Registered Member

Postby GreenDragonfly on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:20 pm

Is it not possible to run your reiki while you do your other work? I know that when I do deep tissue, I always end up 'making nice' with the area with some nice massage and finishing strokes, could reiki be implemented at that time?

I've only received up to level 1 attunement so I don't really know if doing a little bit here and there would work as well, just thought I would throw out my thoughts. :)
Laughter is the best medicine :) It's good for the soul and great for the abs!
GreenDragonfly

Return to Energy Work Forum