Welcome to our community of massage, bodywork and reflexology practitioners. Therapists, if it's been more than two weeks, it's time for your massage.
softy515 wrote:I don't know if this is the right section for this but here goes:
A client bought Biofreeze for her husband. He used it in the past, no issues. But he felt he pulled something rotator cuff related. He rubbed it all over, even down around the arm pit. He broke out into what sounds like a chemical burn. I think what might have happen was the Biofreeze mixed with his deo, which his wife mentioned he applies heavily.
Anyone hear of anything like this happening?
I also worry, could I be liable for this since I sold it to them?
Osteotoba wrote:I have had some clients have an adverse reaction to biofreeze or menthol based products, and that is one of the reasons I no longer use these products. I did notice an interested co-relation.
The fruit, not New Zealanders. My clients who had allergies to kiwis had adverse reactions. Odd, but I began asking clients if they had any "Weird" allergies they may not have mentioned. Sure enough... people who were allergic to this fruit seemed to respond poorly to biofreeze. Coincidence? Perhaps.
Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot]