A funny video put out by ASIS massage school

A discussion board for matters relating to appropriate business and practice ethics, matters regarding conduct of clients and practitioners as well as a place to discuss dilemmas that cross our paths.

Moderators: riversinger, jdcan

A funny video put out by ASIS massage school

Postby kathryn on Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Here are 10 things not to do during a session, for clients and therapists! Cute video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NlOxvx2AxI
kathryn
Registered Member

Re: A funny video put out by ASIS massage school

Postby tranquilspirit2006 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:19 am

I had to lol because I've felt like the woman running around in speeded-up motion trying to get the room/table ready! And the naked body on top of the sheet - btdt too!

I would also add proofread, proofread and proofread again, anything along the lines of advertising with your name on it. They didn't spell 'achieve' right, lol!!!
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know."
tranquilspirit2006
Registered Member

Postby TouchofGrace on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:33 am

Hmm...guess I need to stop sniffin my clients now. <giggles>
~Sandra

Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow...it empties today of its strength
TouchofGrace
Registered Member

Postby kathryn on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:10 am

Thought the eating fried chicken was a little over the top, but funny! But I've had therapists drinking water (I hope) while working on me and it always irritated me that they put their hands back on me after touching their cup. Can't you wait for one hour after the massage is finished?? I don't return to those therapists.
kathryn
Registered Member

Postby TouchofGrace on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:37 am

The answering cell phones during the session is annoying to me. Most of my clients turn their cell phones off, but I have a cpl who run businesses and have to take calls during the session...almost nonstop. It does mess with the flow, but at least it is the client abusing their session and not the therapist. I have forgotten to turn my phone off during a session and I always find it odd that the minute I remember it is on..it rings right then. Ugh! I really get aggravated with myself when I do that, but it's not often and I have never lost a client because of it.
~Sandra

Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow...it empties today of its strength
TouchofGrace
Registered Member

Postby kathryn on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:51 am

Ikes! I've left my cell on by accident as well and invariably that's when someone calls! Fortunately it has only happened just a couple times and with a regular. I feel the same way if the client's cell rings and they answer it, I don't work on them, I remove my hands and let their time tick away---it's their money they're wasting, not mine! But I also remind them to turn their phones off when they come in.
kathryn
Registered Member

Return to Business/Practice Ethics, Conduct Issues & Questionable Dilemmas