Holiday foot treatments?

Discussion of treatments including, but not limited to: muds, masks, parafango, waxing, hydrotherapy, facials, thallasotherapy, dermabrasion, etc. Popular topics will be given their own forum upon request.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, squash_blsm

Holiday foot treatments?

Postby PinkLotus on Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:43 pm

I offer reflexology in my shop, however I have only had a few takers so far. With a session, I do a foot soak, scrub & lotion massage up to the knee, then reflexology. I was thinking of doing some holiday scented scrubs/lotions to promote it, but I'd like to make the scrubs myself. Any ideas on where to find some info on this??? Thanks!

Ivy
~*Ivy*~
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." -Coco Cheap garbage
PinkLotus
Registered Member

Postby MaybeMobile? on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:16 am

www.makeyourowncosmetics.com should have all the info you need. And there are some basic and good recipes in this section, but you might need to spend a little time sorting through.
MaybeMobile?
Registered Member

Postby PinkLotus on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:59 pm

Great site, thank you!
~*Ivy*~
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." -Coco Cheap garbage
PinkLotus
Registered Member

Re: Holiday foot treatments?

Postby GreenDragonfly on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:45 am

Thought that reviving this thread would be fun in light of the upcoming holiday season! Any new treatments/ideas floating around out there? What's new and exciting? I LOVE foot treatments!

I just had a conversation with a friend last night about adding a "North and South Pole" treatment either as a 30 or 60 minute treatment. It would include lower leg and foot massage, possibly with hot rocks and salt scrub and then head and neck massage with the time split between each. What do you think about that?
Laughter is the best medicine :) It's good for the soul and great for the abs!
GreenDragonfly

Re: Holiday foot treatments?

Postby squash_blsm on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:30 pm

Love it!!
I used to say that if I could only get my feet and my head done that it would be enough.

For the South Pole, after the salt or sugar scrub you could apply a nice cooling gel - the ones with a bit of menthol, or a shea butter/coconut oil hydrating mask (you can mix it yourself if you have the base ingredients and a little peppermint EO would be nice) and wrap in plastic/foil and leave wrapped with a blanket while you go on to the North Pole. A steam towel on the face and a coupla hot stones for the shoulders would be a lovely finish.
This could easily be a 60 minute treatment, but if it will only be an enticing holiday offering, a lower price point would get more takers and that would mean keeping it at 30 mins

GreenDragonfly wrote:Thought that reviving this thread would be fun in light of the upcoming holiday season! Any new treatments/ideas floating around out there? What's new and exciting? I LOVE foot treatments!

I just had a conversation with a friend last night about adding a "North and South Pole" treatment either as a 30 or 60 minute treatment. It would include lower leg and foot massage, possibly with hot rocks and salt scrub and then head and neck massage with the time split between each. What do you think about that?
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
http://www.kiva.org/...ls/by/cindy9404
squash_blsm

Return to Spa Techniques