Favorite Gemstone?

Reiki practioners and other energy workers, here's your chance to discuss all matters relating to your modality. Instant Karma and Chakra balancing to be found within!

Moderators: Talenyn, riversinger

Favorite Gemstone?

Postby Empathic~Heart on Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:53 pm

I know this is a hard one to narrow down, they are all so beautiful and have so many wonderful qualities!

But I'm wondering what your favorite healing crystal/gemstones are and why?

Hands down, mine is kyanite. The first time I held this kindred spirit, I was knocked over with how powerful her inate energies are! I have mostly blue kyanite, both in rough form and polished and gem quality in an earring/necklace set.

A few bits about my power stone - it is a stone of the Archangel Michael, repels negativity and doesn't need to be cleansed. It instantly aligns the chakras, and particularly focused on the third eye and throat chakras. Also excellent for psychic awareness and communication.

Tell me about your beauties!
Empathic~Heart
Registered Member

Postby ReikiDude on Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:42 am

I don't have any particular faves yet beyond a wonderful piece of Amethyst. In the case of that one it is the shape that attracts me.

I am currently learning to use gemstones and crystals in my Reiki practice and look forward to the day when I can offer that service as well.

Good topic... Anyone else use crystals in Reiki?
"All the darkness in the world can't put out the light of one candle."
~Confucius
ReikiDude
Registered Member

Postby Talenyn on Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:11 am

Good one to ask, but I really don't have a *favorite*. However I do have ones I prefer to use over others in certain circumstances, they are tooo numerous to list easily... but then again, I do own a rock shop! LOL (and I just came back from Tucson!!!)

I do love selenite for its ability to clear energy. I think that no one should be without selenite, even just a small piece. It is great for recharging stones and people!

I have one malachite formation that looks like a woman embracing a child. I love that one for gentle heart releases. It has an amazing nurturing energy.

And yes... I use stones during a reiki session! ;)
The Other Side of the Sun - Earth's Treasures Brought to Light - www.tosots.com
Talenyn
Retired Moderator - SSS

Rose Quartz

Postby Butterfly55 on Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:24 am

I have a bowl full and hand them out as I feel impressed to. A way to hand over a little Reiki and some healing earth energy.
Butterfly55
Fresh Hands

Postby barefoot on Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:40 pm

Wow, I have so many favorites! Hematite, black kyanite, blue kyanite, selenite, amethyst, malachite, citrine, fluorite, labradorite, clear quartz and oooo... about a hundred more! You can never have too many...
Sally L. Hurwitch, C.M.T.
Barefoot in Cozumel
www.barefootincozumel.com
barefoot
Registered Member

Postby Empathic~Heart on Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:00 pm

I have several more than the kyanite I mentioned in my OP.

Rose quartz and selenite wands, marble serpentine tools, various polished and rough stones, a huge pyramid of rough citrine that is *amazing*, a huge quartz cathedral with stunning clarity...

It's fun to hear what moves you so thanks for sharing! :)
Empathic~Heart
Registered Member

Postby GreenDragonfly on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Where would all suggest getting your stones from?

Does it matter what supplier they come from?
GreenDragonfly

Postby AnastasiaB on Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:21 pm

labradorite, celenite, rose quartz, tibetan quartz, opals [birthstone], hematite, jet, rutilated quartz, petersite....... the list goes on forever...
Anastasia B

Be who you are and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind. - Theodore S. Geisel - [Dr. Seuss][

www.mymassageworks.embarqspace.com
AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Postby AngEngland on Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:14 am

I was given a blue lapiz stone wand and a smaller, green jade wand from One Goddess Way and I have to say - the blue lapiz is my favorite. It not only fits my hand well but....it fits ME well if that makes sense. It is my favorite.
AngEngland
Registered Member

Postby purplefrog26 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:29 am

I also love using moonstone when working with women clients.
purplefrog26
Fresh Hands

Postby squash_blsm on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:16 am

Citrine. helpful for transforming negative energy. A very happy gemstone for me.
Another one that is self-clearing.

I have given away many of these.
Gemstones that are given or found are the best!
squash_blsm

Postby Sole_Purpose on Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:32 pm

This is a toughy! I don't use crystals during my Reiki sessions. Although, practitioners use them on me often. I love crystals. I can't pick a favorite. Whichever is meant for me kind of makes a showing as needed. I have a lot of large Rose Quartz pieces in my home though.
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby AGWLMT on Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:16 pm

I love stones/crystals period!

I make jewelry according to the energies of the stones also. and do custom orders based on what the buyer tells me about the recipient of the piece.

my personal favorites, Labradorite, Kyanite, Jasper. oh but I have more beads than anyone should have.... :P I don't do solely energy work, but keep Rose quartz and Amethyst in the treatment room for their energies, and have a lovely huge Quartz wand and a set of chakra stones that I use for myself.
Ami

Greater Chicago area
AGWLMT
Registered Member

Postby riversinger on Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:17 pm

It's tough to know where to start:

In jewelry, I love garnets, amber, ruby, red tourmaline, kunzite, amethyst, and more...

When it comes to what's in my office it depends on what I feel drawn toward for different uses: Lithium is wonderful for it's powerful calming energy, then there is also the gentle flowing rose quartz, ruby & black tourmaline for clearing, kyanite for balancing chakras, clear quartz for it's all purpose ability, citrine, and selenite too. I'm sure I'm leaving out some others, but that's most of the ones I can think of for now !
The song of the spirit is as the song
of the river, on a journey back to source.
riversinger

Postby cy on Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:48 am

My 3 favorites are rose quartz, clear quartz, and hematite. Thank you for reminding me about moonstone! I've been in need of something to deal with some really chaotic female hormone issues lately, and now I've remembered my moonstone pendant, found it, and am going to wear it every single day!

I do have a new favorite too, which may or may not count as a "stone" but it's so awesome I think it's worth mentioning. I have 2 himalayan rock salt crystals - one with an electric light inside, the other uses a tealight - and I have to say that I am impressed with their consistent ability to clear a space. Truly wonderful.
"The purpose of our lives is to be happy."
H.H. the Dalai Lama

Bodhih Bodywork
Furthering Wellness with Awareness
www.bodhihbodywork.com
cy
Registered Member

Return to Energy Work Forum