Reflexology business start-up

Reflexology practitioners discuss business and marketing issues directly related to your specialized field. Products and Ethics may also be discussed - with expansion of these forums available upon request, as they grow.

Moderator: Dragonflies

Reflexology business start-up

Postby SDorje on Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:21 pm

Maybe this might help those just starting up. I have a paractice going and just started offering Foot Reflexology. I took the basic Reflexology class in Massage School which comprised of about 8 hours in 1990. I just finished a 250 hour course in Foot Relexology. 190 hours were practicum on "volunteers". Lots of people volunterred! I have now contacted these previous "clients" about the modalities I offer. The response has been good. Also there is an online forum/ bulletin board in my area that has about 4500 members plus alot of visitors. For $10.00 month, I get 2 listings and average about 3 new clients every 6 weeks. Great investment! Hope this helps. If you would like to see what the online forum looks like, search for waccoBB.

Good Luck!!!!
Alternative Therapies aren't just about the "hours of training", it's also about compassion, insight and respect for your client!
www.energywork.massagetherapy.com
SDorje
Fresh Hands

Postby Dragonflies on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:08 pm

I'm sorry I missed this post earlier SDorje! Congratulations on completing your foot reflexology course! How are you finding it integrating into your existing practice? I can only imagine - I have a dear friend that is a MT and a Reflexologist and she is very popular with both modalities (and her spa work gets raves too).

I hope you stick around the Reflexology sections, I'm always keen to see more activity in this area of the board. :D
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Reflexology Marketing "getting to know the practitoner&

Postby SDorje on Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:33 pm

Hello everyone....
At the end of March, there is a "wellness fair" in my area. Although my practice incorporates different modalities, I will be focusing on Foot Reflexology. I'll be offering 15 minute Reflexology sessions for free. People see business cards, flyers, etc. all over the area, but hardly ever get to meet the person behind the ad, before making an appointment. This way they can meet me in a open, mellow forum, fully clothed and ask any questions they might have. They can also watch me giving Reflexology sessions and come to their own conclusions about trying it.
This will be a fairly inexpensive way of marketing, networking and meeting the general public. Also I will be doing the same thing at the Thermography Center for women at their "client appreciation night". Lots of fun and a great way to be known and to get to know my prospective clientele. Try it out!!!!
Alternative Therapies aren't just about the "hours of training", it's also about compassion, insight and respect for your client!
www.energywork.massagetherapy.com
SDorje
Fresh Hands

Return to Reflexology Business, Marketing, Products & Ethics