I'm heartbroken...

BWOL is a board group for professional practitioners. This section is the ONLY PLACE allocated for clients to post and ask questions about massage and related items. -- INAPPROPRIATE POSTS WILL BE DELETED & TROLLS WILL BE BANNED FROM THE FORUM.

Moderators: GreenDragonfly, Talenyn

I'm heartbroken...

Postby Xpat on Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:41 am

I've been going to the same massage therapist every week since moving here last year and had a good understanding with Dora, a fantastic person and bodyworker. I've been getting ever more interested in going to massage school myself and check out a few schools when we were in the States last month. Dora's demeanor and caring touch were just a few of the professional goals I hope one day to achieve.

Now I've learned that she left the area and I must find someone else for my weekly massage. Such a shame.
Xpat
Fresh Hands

Postby softy515 on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:43 am

Sorry to hear that.

You have been seeing her bi-weekly but she didn't tell you she was leaving?

If I were in Naples, I would love to help you out. :)
softy515
Registered Member

Postby Rose of Sharon on Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:48 am

If she worked in a spa or salon, she may very well be in the area. They will frequently say a former employee has moved out of the area rather than tell you that they switched jobs, so that you will just see another MT within the facility. It might be worth checking around. If you've been seeing her weekly and she didn't tell you, most likely she wasn't allowed to tell you. If she had, she could be accused of stealing clients.
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby g245 on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:21 pm

I asked my MT who she see's for massage and asked if she would give me a list of MT's she would recommend for me, if she wasn't available...

has worked real well - have her (the recommender) as my primary and a couple to fall back on...
g245
Fresh Hands

Postby Xpat on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:53 pm

I found her!

A few months ago, one of the people working at the gym (where she had her practice) whispered to me where I could find her. It seems that her office space contract came up for renewal and they priced her out of the facilty. The MT who took the spot (whom I gave a fair shot) had no mojo in her hands. I can always tell when a MT is truly present and has "the touch."

She is now practicing out of at home after converting part of her house and the old clientele is heading her way. She is Polish so we communicate in our broken Italian - its pretty funny. I've always had great massages from Polish and Russian therapists but a mixed bag from American ones. Hmmm.

I'm still interested in becoming a massage therapist and have been checking out school online, etc. I've also been reading the Trigger Point Therapy book and working my way through the Trail Guide To The Body. I'm fascinated with the human body and being able to help someone relax and relieve their aches and pains. I just hope that someday I'll have "the touch."
Xpat
Fresh Hands

Postby elsewhere on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:43 pm

I had a great gal in Positano but perhaps that's too far from you and that trip along the coastal highway from Naples to Positano is flat out crazy. White knuckle time.
elsewhere
Registered Member

Postby jdcan on Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:57 pm

How awesome you found her again. I hate when "my good therapists" move.

Was she not allowed to tell you she was moving?
Thanks for the update

jdcan, American LMT
jdcan
Moderator-S.S.S

Postby sillypup on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:14 am

Great job finding her. I hate it when old work place just lie and say the therapist move out of town. it's just one of the most stupid thing of them to do that. especially when there are reviews online like yelp nowadays. customer opinions are king nowadays. treat them with respect.

my old clients get pissed off and word of mouth got around that the place did that to me and it ruined their rep and how they run the place. not to mention false advertising that I trained someone that work there. and lies that certain therapist works exactly like me. I know this because a client told me when I met them in the streets. they did this just to cash in on old clients and referrals because they believe in short term profits and that they own the clients.

recently went to visit the stylist there and they are doing everything wrong for long term success. they may get one time profit by screwing with the clients but that's it. they will lose a lot of potential clients. now they just rely on out of time visiters. some people think business is just opening door and they will come not caring for great service or treating people right.

so it matters where you go and who you go to receive massage from. search around for good therapist. support those that care not the pocket books of liars or those that disrespect the therapist. most of my past client came to me because of the great service I gave not because of the spa. they voice it out too and I appreciate that. they also hope I have my own business but due to obstacles in this field with us being prostitutionalize with the city law regulation I have to be patience to find other means of achieving my goal.
sillypup
Registered Member

Return to Clients Talk About Massage