Bath Salt Blend

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

Bath Salt Blend

Postby holistichealer on Sun May 20, 2007 8:36 am

First of all, thank you to the moderators and wonderful people that run this board for adding this section. I really believe this will be another great resource for anyone who does massage or just aromatherapy. To that end I wanted to post a nice blend for bath salts that I make for my mom on a regular basis that helps her to relax. You can also use this blend as an oil only blend for massage with clients. Here it is:

Relaxing Bath Salts:

About 2 cups of Dead Sea Salts or Epsom Salts (enough to fill a small mason jar) You can get these at Walmart or KMart and they are great.

4 Drops of Lavander Oil
2 Drops of Eucalyptus Oil
1 Drop of Sage Oil

Stir the salts after each Oil is added before adding the next oil as to make sure each oil is incorporated into the salts evenly. The best way I have found to mix the oil with the salts is to do so in a metal bowl (not plastic) and pour that mixture when it is all blended into the mason jar.

Store this in a cool dry place such as under a cabinet in the bathroom until ready to use. Depending on the amount of salts you use for your bath will depend on how many treatments you get out of the small jar. It can also be made with the same amount of oils although another drop or so of each might make the scent a bit stronger for a larger batch.

For the oil blend just take the above oil amounts in small doses and add to your favorite carrier oil ( I prefer Grapeseed as it is very light) and mix well between each addition of the next oil. For the oil blend I would say 2 drops of Lavender, 1 drop of Eucalyptus, and 1 drop of Sage should do the trick.

I know I have used this blend a lot and my mom loves it. Give it a try and I bet you will be able to unwind after a long day quite nicely. Enjoy and if anyone tries this, let me know what you think either here on the board or via PM.

Brightest Blessings

holistichealer (Rob) :)
"Tell me I'm frozen
But what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons
I did it for you"---Within Temptation "Frozen"
holistichealer
Registered Member

Postby Breathe on Sun May 20, 2007 8:43 am

Thanks! It gives me heartburn everytime I pay $12/lb for bath salts that I know are pretty much the same thing as you have posted.
Breathe
Registered Member

Postby holistichealer on Mon May 21, 2007 5:05 am

Breathe wrote:Thanks! It gives me heartburn everytime I pay $12/lb for bath salts that I know are pretty much the same thing as you have posted.

Hahaha that would give me heartburn too. I love this blend but I definately feel your pain, and at least you know this one is all natural! :D
"Tell me I'm frozen
But what can I do?
Can't tell the reasons
I did it for you"---Within Temptation "Frozen"
holistichealer
Registered Member

Postby sandyrose on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:47 am

I haven't tried it with sage oil. Thanks for this! I don;t think I'll ever buy pre made bath salts again. They're so easy to make!
sandyrose
Registered Member

Postby sandyrose on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:47 am

I haven't tried it with sage oil. Thanks for this! I don't think I'll ever buy pre-made bath salts again. They're so easy to make and cost a lot less.
sandyrose
Registered Member

Postby mtnlionz on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:14 am

AND would make a lovely and thoughtful holiday gift for clients!
mtnlionz
Registered Member

Postby Rose of Sharon on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:56 am

mtnlionz wrote:AND would make a lovely and thoughtful holiday gift for clients!

It does, they love it. ;)
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby AngEngland on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:36 pm

I LOVE making bath salts. Yum!

Thanks for posting.

Angela <><
AngEngland
Registered Member

salts

Postby catskillcrawler on Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Recently I found Morten's rock salt at home depot 40 lbs. 5 bucks! they use it in water softeners, 99.99% pure. Look for the blue bag, make sure it's sodium chloride, not potassium chloride. Check out tossing in some coconut oil into the bath with the salt and oils. Awesome.
catskillcrawler
Fresh Hands

Postby brylletc on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:31 pm

you can pretty much create your own bath salts from sea salts and finding a good recipe. you can get sea salts in bulk which will save you a ton of money.
Where to find bath salts and dead sea salts?
brylletc
Fresh Hands

Postby brylletc on Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:31 pm

you can pretty much create your own bath salts from sea salts and finding a good recipe. you can get sea salts in bulk which will save you a ton of money.
Where to find bath salts and dead sea salts?
brylletc
Fresh Hands

Return to Aromatherapy