Help! Overwhelmed by the choices in aromatherapy courses

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

Help! Overwhelmed by the choices in aromatherapy courses

Postby sandyrose on Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:48 pm

I know that there is no "official" certifiction for Aromatherapy in the US. But I'd like to be able to say that I've completed some kind of certificate program in the future.

There are so many correspondance courses out there if you google them. The prices range drastically. The course outlines vary even more. I even see some places offerring several "levels" of certification.

I'd like to take it this summer and I'm so overwhelmed trying to choose. Can anyone offer any advice? Is any one organization more reputable than the others? Like the NAHA?
sandyrose
Registered Member

Postby heather on Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:42 am

I am getting ready to take an online aromatherapy course that offers a certificate (not CEU). I got it on ebay for $25, but on her website its $50. I haven't gotten to start it yet because the textbook and workbook has not arrived yet. But, I have already gotten her worksheets and "tests" and downloaded them. From those, it seems very thorough. Of course, this is coming from someone who knows NOTHING about aromatherapy, so anything is pretty thorough for me! lol Along with the class you get a membership to her board/group to always go to for questions, etc. The ebay id is herbnhome and her website is www.thedreamangels.com.

The class is titled: 301 Aromatherapy: This course describes how to use aromatherapy as a healing tool alone or with other therapies such as herbs or homeopathy, and her name is Kristie Karima Burns, MH, ND.

When I complete the class I'll let you know what I thought of it all.

Hope that helps! - Heather in Texas
heather
Fresh Hands

Postby EgoMagickian on Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:00 pm

I always recommend Martin Watt's stuff:

http://www.aromamedical.com/

Do some research, see if it resonates with you.
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby highlandbodyworks on Thu May 01, 2008 2:02 pm

I'm going to do the Clinical Aromatherapy Certification program through the Institute of Spiritual Healing & Aromatherapy (the Healing Touch People). http://www.ishaaromatherapy.com/

They look good if you are a big user of Young Living, since their program is based on the French model of aromatherapy, saying you can ingest + apply topically + diffuse. Most aromatherapy programs are based on the British model of dilute lots to apply topically + diffuse but NO ingestion.

I'm hopefully taking my first class with them in June, so if you are interested to see how it goes, contact me.

Jackie
highlandbodyworks
Registered Member

Postby Grasor on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Got to agree with EgoMagickian here. Many if not most courses are not worth the bytes or paper you get them with. Too much hung up with extrapolating herbal effects into EOs which are different chemically.

Stick with Martin Watt .. He is the one that does the research on the research and gets rid of the dross.
Grasor
Fresh Hands

Return to Aromatherapy