EO wholesale company

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

EO wholesale company

Postby Karma_skin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:24 am

I'm about to go out on my own and I would like to not only use essential oils in my practice, but also to retail them.

I have searched the internet high and low and haven't found what I think are reall wholesale prices (without a HUGE minimum)

In the spa I worked at we used ESS oils through Universal Companies. They have a very limited selection though.

So far I am looking at Aromaland. They are very slightly less than ESS costs.

I'm not interested in using Young Living for my practice. It's just a personal preference for me but I do not support MLM complanies and I have other issues with it as well. I have met people who find out I am not using YL, and they get quite viscious with me about it before they even hear my reasons, if I even care to share them. This turns me off from YL even more.

One problem I have is that there is a Fruitful Yield store near me. Thier EO's are very inexpensive. I'm worried my clients are just going to go there. This is why I want to keep my prices down. Also I am in a semi rural area, so cost is an issue for my clientele.

Thanks!
Karma_skin
Fresh Hands

Re: EO wholesale company

Postby moogie on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:02 am

Have you tried Lotus Light? http://www.lotuslight.com/ They have a low minimum order and reasonably priced products. They sell EOs and lots of other products.

Angie
moogie
Site Admin

Postby moose_goose on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:11 am

I've got a wholesale acct with Frontier- they are the ones that make/carry Aura Cacia. I'm very happy with them, I especially love their blends of essential oils.
https://wholesale.frontiercoop.com/

I believe their minimum order is around $100?
I don't retail a whole lot, so when I order I usually only get things that if they don't sell, I can just use in my sessions.
moose_goose
Registered Member

Postby shivashiva on Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:45 am

I retail Aromaland and I like that they have other nice products. Their massage oils, lotions, and bath salts are all reasonably priced and are things massage clientele would be interested in. I like the suggestions of others as well. With Frontier you can buy all kinds of other things...like if you wanted tea for your clients, or bulk herbs for spa treatments or to make your own products or whatever. And lotus light has all kinds of gallons of massage products you could probably get cheaper for your practice if you got a wholesale account with them.

I have the aromaland oil board display which holds 12 different oils, 1 tester and 4 bottles of each. It's made of solid wood and very nice looking.
Shiva
O friend, understand. / The body is like the ocean, rich with hidden treasures. / Open your innermost chamber / And light its lamp - Mirabai
Blue Lotus Day Spa, Ruidoso, NM | Residential Yoga Teacher Trainings & Bali Yoga Retreats
shivashiva
Registered Member

Postby kathryn on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:14 am

Here's a list of companies selling oils that are recommended by the NAHA (National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy)- http://www.naha.org/yellow_pages.htm - you might find some good choices there.

I agree with Karma_skin about YL oils, and I also feel the same way about DoTerra. A great bulk supply company I found on the NAHA page several years ago has quality oils with great prices. The only problem is that the company was sold by the owner (a chemist who wanted to focus more on providing a website explaining the chemical makeup of the various oils) and now there's a $4000 minimum. Fortunately, they have allowed the people who were already signed up to stay on with just a 1000 minimum.

This same company supplies bulk oils to many others and DoTerra has several blends that I recognize (by smell) that are sold by this company-- DoTerra is selling them at outrageous prices. I have several other issues with DoTerra that I won't go into here either.
kathryn
Registered Member

Postby squash_blsm on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:03 am

I don't use a LOT of essential oils but would have to agree about avoiding th MLM's - YL and Doterra.
Those people overstep scope of practice in diagnosing and treating way too much for my comfort.

That said - I do absolutly LOVE the YL Thieves blend and their peppermint is awesome!
I am trying to find a source for Pacific Northwest peppermint - and believe it or not ESS has an Idaho Peppermint that is actually very good.

Aura Cacia I have found disappointing overall - but they have a blend called "chill pill" that I like.

Liberty essential oils is a bulk wholesaler - but again not always great quality - very good for locating some of the harder to find eo's though.

I have used an ebay seller - Sun Pure Botanicals with fairly good results.
They are the only ones who have eucalyptus smithii - which I like to use rather than the globulus or radiati in one of my blends. They USED to sell a Willamette Valley Peppermint - but have not had it for awhile now.

Thanks for the other mentions....definitely worth checking out
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
http://www.kiva.org/...ls/by/cindy9404
squash_blsm

Postby PeakPerformance on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:21 pm

squash_blsm wrote:I don't use a LOT of essential oils but would have to agree about avoiding th MLM's - YL and Doterra.
Those people overstep scope of practice in diagnosing and treating way too much for my comfort.

This is my biggest problem with YL and why I never went with them. I felt they were using it too much to diagnose and treat. Almost saying it was a "cure." That's at least how I've always read it. DoTerra I haven't seen it so much like that but with it still being young it may go that way. I have had people come up to me saying "such and such from doTerra works for such and such disease." I use the oils only for the massage aspect and tell them other benefits ONLY if I have experienced it. For example I love the Breathe and it has done wonders for my allergies and asthma. That's for me and if they want they can try it and see if it works for them.

I have found doTerra to be my favorite EO brand so far. I've worked with Aveda, Lotus touch, YL while in school, and some other kind that's local to me that I heard was good but wasn't really impressed with. I'm not saying I'm an expert. By all means, I'm still learning. This is just what I've found since I've started working with essential oils.

I do like some of the links that have been shared. I went ahead and saved some to look at further at a later time. :D
PeakPerformance
Fresh Hands

Return to Aromatherapy