Aveda's Rosemary Mint

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

Aveda's Rosemary Mint

Postby moose_goose on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:08 pm

I love the scent of Aveda's Rosemary Mint stuff. Wondering if any of you know how I can replicate this smell?
Their site says it's a mixture of Peppermint & Rosemary, but I just can't seem to get the right balance of the two oils.

Any thoughts?
moose_goose
Registered Member

Re: Aveda's Rosemary Mint

Postby moose_goose on Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:23 pm

I googled around a bit and found this from Aromaland : http://www.aromaland.com/Rosemary_Mint_Essential_Oil_Blend_10ml_p/20rsmt.htm

I've got quite a few of Aromaland's scents, but I haven't smelled this one!

Also found at http://www.sweetcakes.com/default.php?cPath=14
An all-natural alternative to our popular Aveda-style rosemary-mint fragrance. A brisk, clean, blend that's a real eye-opener in the morning shower (and very Aveda-like, to boot)!
Ingredients (complete list): Rosemary Oil, Peppermint Oil, Lavandin Oil, Spearmint Oil, Anise Oil, Ginger Oil, Geranium Oil, Galangal Extract, Clary Sage Extract.

I think I have all those ingredients at work except the spearmint, anise & ginger.... (I dont know what galangal is ...?)
moose_goose
Registered Member

Postby kathryn on Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:30 pm

I haven't smelled the Aveda Rosemary/Mint, but I could go check it out for you? I've got a great sense of smell and often recreate scents for clients and friends. It also depends on the quality and exact location of where the oil to create the Aveda brand was purchased. If you just went to the health food store to order Rosemary & Mint, that wouldn't be quite the same as the oils from another locale. Not saying that you did, just making a point.

Many companies will give a sample, so you could as Aromaland for a sample of that blend.
kathryn
Registered Member

Postby moose_goose on Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:17 am

kathryn wrote:I haven't smelled the Aveda Rosemary/Mint, but I could go check it out for you? I've got a great sense of smell and often recreate scents for clients and friends.

Oooh, if you could do that, that would be awesome!
moose_goose
Registered Member

Postby kathryn on Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:59 am

Would love to! I like experiencing new blends. Where to you find it- at any Aveda spa?
kathryn
Registered Member

Postby shivashiva on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:50 am

moose_goose wrote: (I dont know what galangal is ...?)

it's like ginger and used a lot in thai cooking

good luck!
Shiva
O friend, understand. / The body is like the ocean, rich with hidden treasures. / Open your innermost chamber / And light its lamp - Mirabai
Blue Lotus Day Spa, Ruidoso, NM | Residential Yoga Teacher Trainings & Bali Yoga Retreats
shivashiva
Registered Member

Postby moose_goose on Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:01 pm

kathryn wrote:Would love to! I like experiencing new blends. Where to you find it- at any Aveda spa?

Yup. They have shampoo, conditioner, and I believe a bar soap.
moose_goose
Registered Member

Postby JLWmassage on Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:53 am

I wanted to say I love this shampoo also, but I find it takes the color out of my hair :smt010 . I only use their hair care line.
JLWmassage

Postby AngelaJudy on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:49 am

I use the Suave version of this shampoo. I love it!
Massage Charleston, SC - Providing affordable massage in Charleston, SC with a focus on relaxation, rehabilitation, pain relief, prevention, & performance.
AngelaJudy
Registered Member

Postby EgoMagickian on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:56 pm

I used to be an Aveda devotee, before my standards went up. They did make a great product though, health and environmental concerns aside. Well, until Estee Lauder bought them. Now they're just another expensive shampoo brand (with really great marketing).

Eventually Estee Lauder got around to adulterating the products with fragrance oils. I think that will make it very difficult to reproduce any of their scents with 100% essential oils.
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby jdcan on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:32 pm

AngelaJudy wrote:I use the Suave version of this shampoo. I love it!

Me too!
jdcan
Moderator-S.S.S

Return to Aromatherapy