Clinical aromatherapy consultation

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

Clinical aromatherapy consultation

Postby Dragonflies on Mon May 24, 2010 5:03 am

I'd love to hear from some clinical aromatherapists on how you conduct your consultations. If you also provide other services (i.e. forms of bodywork, movement therapies, acupuncture, etc...), do you integrate the two therapies?

Here's what I've gathered so far on a clinical consult:
- health history, lifestyle, aromatic preferences intake
- oil selection
- inhalation therapy
- option to purchase products with specific oil(s) selected during the consult
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Re: Clinical aromatherapy consultation

Postby Timedess on Mon May 24, 2010 5:42 am

I don't do clinical consultations yet, but will eventually be doing so when I get far enough along in my herbal studies. I am very eager to learn how "complementary, but different" (as in, not under the same scope of practice) forms of CAM can be synched into the same practice.

From talking to my CPA about it (therefore, from his standpoint), I think I understand that the two (bodywork and consultation) would need to be BILLED separately, even if you do the consultation in conjunction with/as an add-on to the bodywork session. Heh- he was even talking about my herbal consultation "business" renting a room from the massage business.....
~Renee
Timedess
Registered Member

Postby JLWmassage on Sat May 29, 2010 4:44 pm

http://doterrapure.weebly.com/

I found this on Facebook. And they are going to be offering a clinical course
JLWmassage

Postby Dragonflies on Sun May 30, 2010 3:38 am

Timedess wrote:I don't do clinical consultations yet, but will eventually be doing so when I get far enough along in my herbal studies. I am very eager to learn how "complementary, but different" (as in, not under the same scope of practice) forms of CAM can be synched into the same practice.

Huh, I hadn't thought about treating aromatherapy consults like herbal consults but it just might work!
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Sun May 30, 2010 3:44 am

JLWmassage wrote:http://doterrapure.weebly.com/

I found this on Facebook. And they are going to be offering a clinical course

Hmmm, I've never been a fan of MLM companies or of the courses they offer - always looking to make a bigger buck. Personally I'd be very skeptical going into something like that.
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Timedess on Sun May 30, 2010 6:01 am

Dragonflies wrote:
Timedess wrote:I don't do clinical consultations yet, but will eventually be doing so when I get far enough along in my herbal studies. I am very eager to learn how "complementary, but different" (as in, not under the same scope of practice) forms of CAM can be synched into the same practice.

Huh, I hadn't thought about treating aromatherapy consults like herbal consults but it just might work!

Well, it just seems to make sense to me, because aromatherapy typically comes from herbs, right? And also, you're targeting many of the same issues, only through the aromatherapy (a more "external" route) as opposed to having your clients ingest herbs. A lot of herbal therapy includes aromatherapy. There's a lady here (in my local area) who teaches many different aromatherapy and reflexology classes. I don't see "integrating aromatherapy into an existing CAM practice" listed as one of her courses, though. Hummm- perhaps that might be a grand "niche" for an enterprising teacher!
~Renee
Timedess
Registered Member

Return to Aromatherapy