Reed diffuser oil recipes?

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

Reed diffuser oil recipes?

Postby Ella Menneau on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:01 am

I just received a reed difuser for a gift, and I don't really like the chemically-smelling oil that came with it. Does anyone here know what kind of carrier I can use to create the scented oil with my essential oils?
Pain is a natural occurrence. Suffering is a choice.
Ella Menneau
Registered Member

Re: Reed diffuser oil recipes?

Postby Rose of Sharon on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:45 am

I got one of those and just used jojoba, since it's what I had, and it evidently worked fine. The aroma is wonderful! I've never had one before to know how long it was supposed to last, or anything like that, so I can't say for *sure* that jojoba was great for it.
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby Dragonflies on Mon May 24, 2010 4:54 am

Rose of Sharon wrote:I got one of those and just used jojoba, since it's what I had, and it evidently worked fine. The aroma is wonderful! I've never had one before to know how long it was supposed to last, or anything like that, so I can't say for *sure* that jojoba was great for it.

I was planning to use jojoba too since the shelf life is practically "forever." What essential oil(s) did you add for your reed diffuser?
============================
Healthy Feet can hear the very heart of Mother Earth. - Sitting Bull
Dragonflies
Site Admin

Postby Timedess on Mon May 24, 2010 5:15 am

Oh, I'm glad this has been bumped- I've been wondering the exact same thing: how can I utelize a reed diffuser (fabulous concept!) without the chemically-based scents? Hubby keeps trying to buy reed diffusers, and I won't let him because of the artificial scents they come with.
~Renee
Timedess
Registered Member

Postby Rose of Sharon on Mon May 24, 2010 7:46 am

My favorite blend right now is peppermint and tangerine! I use different blends, depending on what I'm trying to do. The drawback of the reed diffuser is that I can't just wash it and use a different blend next time, so I use my regular diffuser, mostly, but when I've been given reed diffusers, I dump the chemical stuff and make my own to enjoy. It's nice!
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Return to Aromatherapy