Simple oil blend for a moody RMT!

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

Simple oil blend for a moody RMT!

Postby Monkey on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:53 pm

So - during that special, lovely time of the month, I can turn into the devil reincarnate :twisted: . I am pretty good about keeping it under-wraps, but I hate feeling that way!

I usually pump myself with some OTC drugs for that time - but since learning some self-care massage for cramping, I am looking to find something more natural and something relaxing. Something I can add to my Epsom salts and melt away into the tub for awhile.

I have a geranium EO which supposedly helps with hormones, but itdoesn't do much but make me feel near comatose and want to crawl into bed.

Any help would be great! I have no conditions or anything that would be CC - no allergies.

My S/O thanks you in advance! ;)
Monkey
Registered Member

Postby GreenDragonfly on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:41 pm

I'm not an aromatherapist but have you tried smelling different things to see what effect they have on you?

For myself, I know that lavender and mint really calm me down. Works great for me especially if I have a migraine coming on. I'm sure that Chamomile would work as well, but I haven't tried it yet.

Also, almost any citrus makes me feel happy and I love that smell in the house. It just smells clean.

Good luck on finding what works best for you!
GreenDragonfly

Postby Rose of Sharon on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:05 pm

My first thought is clary sage. It blends well with lavender and is a good hormone balancer.
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby Monkey on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:29 am

Thank you guys!

I'll give a few of those a try. I do love lavender and use it often, will have to pick up the others and try mixing them.
Monkey
Registered Member

Postby Amy on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:32 am

Hi Monkey,

I have been using Dragon Time by Young Living. (the name cracks me up) It's been working well for me. Just to let you know what the oils in this blend are

Clary Sage
Lavender
Yarrow
Fennel
Marjoram
Jasmine

Good Luck!
Amy
Amy
Registered Member

Postby Monkey on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:39 am

Thank you Amy! The name cracks me up, too. Pretty accurate, though! :grin:
Monkey
Registered Member

Postby Talenyn on Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:26 pm

Lately I've been a Dragon around this time (and I'm year of the dragon too). Maybe I'll have to look into this one. LOL
The Other Side of the Sun - Earth's Treasures Brought to Light - www.tosots.com
Talenyn
Retired Moderator - SSS

Return to Aromatherapy