May Chang E.O.

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

May Chang E.O.

Postby Sole_Purpose on Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:41 am

Have any of you that practice Aromatherapy heard of May Chang E.O.? ...from the botanical Litsea cubeba (Laurel family), used for heat clearing and calming the mind.

Wondering if you've heard of it and if you've used it - feedback? I am inquiring for my Veterinarian (who is wholistic and practices Acupuncture).

TIA for your input! :smt045
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Postby Rose of Sharon on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:51 pm

I use litsea cubeba on occasion, and really love it. I have never used it with pets, though, as I have cats. What kind of feedback, exactly, are you looking for? I use it in my homemade deodorant and it is very nice for that!
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby squash_blsm on Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:21 am

I have used mai chang. I had one client years ago who just loved it.

I typically will use lemongrass instead...based strictly on the aroma not on the attributes.

I don't have knowledge of essential oils for animals.
squash_blsm

Postby Sole_Purpose on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:46 pm

Thanks to you both!

I am enrolled in an animal wellness program that emphasizes herbs, aromatherapy (essential oils) and flower essences. All of which I have experience with but this course takes it to another level. Beyond this course, I will be seeking professional aromatherapy and flower essence certification courses. It's time to bring those aspects into what I do.

I am partnering with my Vet who is going out on her own and specializing in canine rehab and Acupuncture. She asked me if I had any experience with or thoughts on that essential oil...which I don't and it sounds like it's from a Chinese herb. So, I came here for some feedback from the Aromatherapists!

Although they may be administered differently (as a massage oil blend w/carrier oil, or a body spritz with witch hazel, or as an infused aroma for the animal's environment), typically the oils have the same physical and mental health benefits/effect on animals as humans - with the exception of cats.

Thanks again! :D
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

May Chang

Postby harmoniousscents on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:12 pm

I have used May Chang for over a year now.
It is a wonderful oil that has an amazing scent.
It worked amazing for me when I was dealing with Pregnancy depression.

QUALITIES: Very uplifting, good for skin care, especially oily skin, good as air freshener, great if you add to the bath, refreshing and deodorizing.

A member of the Lauraceae family, related to the Laurel, Rosewood and Cinnamon trees. An evergreen tree or shrub. It produces small white flower and a fruit which resembles a pepper corn. Rich in citral
harmoniousscents
Fresh Hands

May Chang

Postby harmoniousscents on Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:13 pm

I have used May Chang for over a year now.
It is a wonderful oil that has an amazing scent.
It worked amazing for me when I was dealing with Pregnancy depression.

QUALITIES: Very uplifting, good for skin care, especially oily skin, good as air freshener, great if you add to the bath, refreshing and deodorizing.

A member of the Lauraceae family, related to the Laurel, Rosewood and Cinnamon trees. An evergreen tree or shrub. It produces small white flower and a fruit which resembles a pepper corn. Rich in citral
harmoniousscents
Fresh Hands

Postby Sole_Purpose on Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:10 am

OoooOOOoooOOO...harmoniousscents...that's good stuff!! ...thanky, thanky, thanky! :joyous:
Sole_Purpose
Retired Moderator - SSS

Return to Aromatherapy