Neroli - it's expencive

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

Neroli - it's expencive

Postby peacenut on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:43 pm

Neroli is very expensive. Does anyone charge a small fee if they use neroli EO? Say, about $3 extra if you use it?

Or... how about just using it at the head neck and shoulders and then use unscented for the rest of the body and not charging extra.

How may drops of neroli would you suggest puting in an 8 oz bottle?

Thanks!
peacenut
Registered Member

Re: Neroli - it's expencive

Postby squash_blsm on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:07 am

peacenut wrote:Neroli is very expensive. Does anyone charge a small fee if they use neroli EO? Say, about $3 extra if you use it?

Or... how about just using it at the head neck and shoulders and then use unscented for the rest of the body and not charging extra.

How may drops of neroli would you suggest puting in an 8 oz bottle?

Thanks!

I don't think that I would charge extra if it is my choice to use it. I haven't used neroli but I have used Rose. In that case I have found that I only need a few drops - I think I used maybe 5-6 for an almost full 8oz.
It was awesome and lasted a long time.

Take your full 8oz bottle of carrier oil (I use jojoba) and add 2 drops at a time. Let it sit for awhile then when your nose is fresh and clear pump out a little bit and see if it's where you like it.
squash_blsm

Postby peacenut on Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:35 am

When I mix my oils, I usually put between 20 and 30 drops of oil in an 8 ounce bottle. This gives me way under a 1% blend. If I mix the neroli the same, it will cost me over $11 to scent a bottle.
peacenut
Registered Member

Postby shivashiva on Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:46 pm

I purchase my neroli from "Now Foods" as a pre-diluted mix (grapeseed oil base). Then I use it several drops at a time. I will scent a tissue with it and place the tissue in the face cradle when they are face-down. Then when they're face-up and I'm working on their neck and head I will put a few drops on their chest/neck, and maybe use a few drops when working on their arms. This makes the price very reasonable (pennies per treatment) and they still smell it pretty good. I also only use it on clients who request it.
Shiva
O friend, understand. / The body is like the ocean, rich with hidden treasures. / Open your innermost chamber / And light its lamp - Mirabai
Blue Lotus Day Spa, Ruidoso, NM | Residential Yoga Teacher Trainings & Bali Yoga Retreats
shivashiva
Registered Member

Postby AngEngland on Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:07 pm

I charge $5 extra for an aromatherapy massage will add a total of about 5-8 drops TOTAL EO to enough oil to do one massage. I custom blend for each client except for a few, frequently used blends I create myself "Relaxation" and "Muscle Relief". $5 is more than enough to cover the cost of the oil addition which can be as little as 5-10 cents or as much as $1 depending on the specific oil used.

Angela <><
AngEngland
Registered Member

Return to Aromatherapy