Aromatherapy for a Happy Home

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

Aromatherapy for a Happy Home

Postby lltlmt on Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:12 am

Any practitioners knowledgable on this topic know what scents are good to use in the home to promote harmony,warmth, jovial spirits...especially when having company over, get togethers? Thanks in advance for your info :D
Laura
lltlmt
Fresh Hands

Postby lattiss on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:29 pm

I like a mix of

Geranium
Lavender
Bergamot
lattiss
Fresh Hands

Postby Rose of Sharon on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:31 pm

Right now I am hooked on peppermint and sweet orange oil in the diffuser. It's very cheerful and upbeat! I mix 10 drops of peppermint to 5 drops of sweet orange.
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby AngEngland on Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:03 pm

I like a YL blend called Joy a lot that has rose in the blend. Love it.

I like Lavender, tangerine and one or two drops of sandalwood added in - lots of depth and uplifting and calming at the same time. It's one of my current favorite blends I make myself. :-)

Angela <><
AngEngland
Registered Member

Postby oils4abundance on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:56 pm

Young Living has a TON of great oils for this very thing! I would recommend going to their website. They have a number of blends like "Peace and Calming", "Abundance", "Awaken", just to name a few. I love the oils and so do my friends and clients! It's an amazing company.
I am an enthusiastic lover of Young Living Oils and their other products! They have revolutionized my practice and I am making it my goal to educate and train others who wish to join my team!
oils4abundance
Fresh Hands

Re: Aromatherapy for a Happy Home

Postby Mercury2008 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:45 am

lltlmt wrote:Any practitioners knowledgable on this topic know what scents are good to use in the home to promote harmony,warmth, jovial spirits...especially when having company over, get togethers? Thanks in advance for your info :D

Yes, Lavender Essential Oils is also i would recommend too but you may also try the "Travel Ease Aromatherapy Essential Oils" which helps to reduce your fear of flying with self hypnosis and calming essential oils.
Mercury2008
Fresh Hands

Postby Naturesgift on Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:43 am

Almost any combination of Citrus oils... There was a recent research study published that showed that a blend of citrus oils actually DOES have a positive effect on clinical depression.

They are like sunshine! Now, you might want to look at the other effects of each oil, for example Pink Grapefruit oil is extremely energizing; Green Mandarine is sedative, etc. (Wouldn't want your guests falling asleep!)

Lemon Oil is proven to improve mental focus... etc. etc.

So you might look at a blend of Lemon, for mental alertness, Sweet Orange for relaxation, and Bergamot, emotionally uplifting. That's a simple start. Or any of the tangerine/mandarine/clementine group.
Aromatherapy supplies and information
Naturesgift
Fresh Hands

Return to Aromatherapy