YL 12 Oils of Ancient Scripture?

By request! This section is for discussion pertaining to the usage of aromatherapy.

Moderator: moogie

YL 12 Oils of Ancient Scripture?

Postby ThatMassageGal on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:36 am

Does anybody have this set?

I have a client interested, for her bible study groups, but I havent heard the CD so I don't know the material it has. I would assume it would be non biased, just based on the facts of the oils mentioned in the bible without getting into detail of any one organized religion. But I dont know this. I would hate for my client to spend the money to find it was not what she was necessarily interested in.

This is what the website says:
#3143 - TWELVE OILS OF ANCIENT SCRIPTURE KIT
Twelve Oils of Ancient Scripture™ contains the twelve most significant oils found in the Bible. Young Living's wish in bringing them to you is that you will savor and enjoy the beautiful fragrances and intriguing histories of these precious pure essential oils. Gary Young draws on his travels to biblical lands and explains the twelve oils on an audio CD, also included in this collection.
Contains: Twelve Single Oils (5ml bottles): Aloes/sandalwood (Santalum album), cassia (Cinnamomum cassia), cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica), cypress (Cupressus sempervirens), frankincense (Olibanum -- Boswellia carteri), galbanum (Ferula gummosa), hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis), myrrh (Commiphora myrrha), myrtle (Myrtus communis), onycha (pronounced oh-nigh-kah, a very thick oil, remove the plastic orifice and warm the bottle in your hand so that the oil will flow -- Styrax

Thank you.
ThatMassageGal
Registered Member

Postby PremoMT on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:10 pm

I may be able to find out more info for you.... I believe my brother went to a seminar put on by YL with a friend of the fam who is a YL distributor a few years back.
I will email them both to see what they have to offer..
My Website www.premospa.com
PremoMT
Registered Member

Postby ThatMassageGal on Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:42 pm

Thanks!! Id really appreciate that!
ThatMassageGal
Registered Member

Postby AngEngland on Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:12 pm

I adapted a couple different things and some of my own research on my website here: http://yournaturalessentials.com/BibleOils.aspx

THere is also a link near the top of that page to a document someone gave me after taking that YL Oils of the Bible course with 120 uses for Biblical Oils or some such thing.

Keep in mind of course that oils mentioned in the Bible were likely concentrated diffusions but probably not distilled essential oils by today's standard. Still - the healing properties would be much the same and the information is so interesting.

Angela <><
AngEngland
Registered Member

YL oils

Postby PremoMT on Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:52 am

This is from my friend who is a YL distributor.

it is very definitely a Christian thing, but non denominational. Christopher has the set, it's nice. Some of the oils aren't the most pleasant smell but it's not about aroma, it's about effect. Frankincense is amazing in many ways.

This is from my brother who went with her. *he is very Christian.

Yeah, I remember that seminar. It was great! Learned about all the oils from scripture and how they were used for certain purposes. Like Marianne was mentioning, Frankincense was probably one of the most highly valued + cherished oils. Not only b/c of it's difficulty to obtain in the trees littered with poisonous snakes (at least documented in the past, not sure about today), but for it's healing + curative properties. I think that's why when Jesus was presented with gifts as a baby you saw Frankinscense at the same level as gold (and myrh too).

If the person is looking to learn about these oils in her Bible study group, it is definitely a perfect fit. They're described real well in scripture, they're found exclusively in nature/creation, and their benefits are extraordinary, almost supernatural :-)

Maryanne also sent me a pdf file about the 12 oils and the 120 daily and house hold uses. If you want me to send that to you, PM me with your email address.
Hope this helps!
Justine
My Website www.premospa.com
PremoMT
Registered Member

Postby ThatMassageGal on Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:22 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH for following up on that! Its great to know, and I think if my client doesnt purchase it, I might just as well. I would love the home use also, I'll PM you.

Thank you AngEngland! I'm looking forward to following up on the link you posted as well!
ThatMassageGal
Registered Member

Total bunk about Essential oils from the Bible..

Postby Grasor on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:08 pm

The YL thing about 12 oils from the Bible is totally false..

There were NO essential oils, i.e. distilled oils. in the time of the Bible.

There WERE infused oils but they have a totally different affect on the body than EOs do
Grasor
Fresh Hands

Return to Aromatherapy