Male MT's: "Stinkerheaded" women clients

Discussion area for male practitioners on issues and topics related to their practice.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

Taoist
Registered Member

Re: Male MT's: "Stinkerheaded" women clients

Post by Taoist » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:55 am

Whether you are a male or female therapist, if you are consistently receiving advances, suggestions, or comments of a sexual nature from any gender, it's high time for you to evaluate yourself, your work, and all forms of verbal/non-verbal/written/environmental/emotional/energetic communication used to see if maybe there is something that is attracting this type of client or unconsciously initiating these actions.

Yes, sometimes it's unavoidable and always upsetting and disturbing when it happens, but to automatically assume that an entire gender acts a certain way after you witness a handful of scenarios is incredulous. That's like saying all Russians are spies, all San Franciscans are gay, all Americans are dumb, or all Republicans think global warming is a myth. Simply incredulous.
"At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want."
Lao Tzu

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:07 pm

:iagree: Yes, that!

I haven't had a client come on to me in years, and I work in a community with a high degree of interest in and acceptance of massage with a sexual component. I eventually learned how not to be of interest to folks looking for that.

truepeacenik
Registered Member

Post by truepeacenik » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:39 pm

EgoMagikian,
how did you do that?

Rozax
Registered Member

Post by Rozax » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:18 pm

tiger snacks wrote:"No! I demand a female to teach me how to walk again! He might....RAPE me!"
Just to let you know, I've quoted you on this in conversation. I've also used a variant of this for men who feel that it's "improper" to receive a THERAPEUTIC (I can't stress that word enough) massage from woman. I don't know how many minds it's changed, but it's made people think. :smt001
This user doesn't visit here, anymore. Move along.
poem-massage.org

Return to “Massage - The Male Practitioner's Perspective”