Should I report this person to state board?

Discussion area for male practitioners on issues and topics related to their practice.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

tiger snacks
Registered Member

Should I report this person to state board?

Post by tiger snacks » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:15 pm

I'm asking because I'm not sure of requirements, etc to reporting someone. their craigslist ad reads, "FREE Erotic NUDE Massage-By Donnie-Masculine s/w/bi/m- 5 11; 170lbs. Men,Women,Couples, In-Call Only-Byram Call six two two five zero zero six "

He claims to be a massage therapist.
What's your input?
The world does not pay for your education and knowledge. It pays you for what you DO with that knowledge.

It is not the lawyer who knows his law that wins the case. It is the one that PREPARES his case that wins.

Shannon
Registered Member

Re: Should I report this person to state board?

Post by Shannon » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:29 pm

I wouldnt worry about it on Craigs list,they have so many out there its unreal on that site.
I look at this way,they do their "free" "sensual" massage or whatever illegal act but they will also be making an appointment at the "free" clinic to get rid of the STD's they get.

moogie
Site Admin

Post by moogie » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:08 pm

I don't even bother looking at Craig's List anymore as the "therapeutic" section is just full of sex workers and prostitutes. We tried to clean up our local one but eventually just gave up.

I'd just forget about it. I'm sure the person advertising isn't a legitimate licensed therapist.

Angie

tiger snacks
Registered Member

Post by tiger snacks » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:50 pm

I decided it wasn't worth my time.
Below is my state's listed "Complaint Procedure" from the Massage board.

Complaint Procedures
1. Complaints must be received on the Board approved Complaint Form and
completed in it's entirety (notarized, etc.) before a case number is issued.
2. Upon receiving a case number, the complaint will be assigned to an individual
Board member for investigation, notification, & determination of probable cause.
Once a case is assigned, the Board member becomes the case reviewer.
3. The accused individual or business is notified of the complaint & is informed that
he/she has ten (10) days to respond to the complaint. The accused may request an
extension, of up to thirty (30) days, to respond to the complaint. Extensions will be
granted on a case by case basis. Justification for additional time is determined by
the case reviewer.
4. The Board shall conduct a meeting, with quorum present, to hear a complaint
case(s) presented by a case reviewer. The Board may at this time:
(a) Vote to take no action, if no action is merited; or,
(b) Authorize a disciplinary hearing and initiate a formal complaint and
notice of disciplinary hearing.
5. Resolution of any formal complaint may be made between the Board & the
accused.
The world does not pay for your education and knowledge. It pays you for what you DO with that knowledge.

It is not the lawyer who knows his law that wins the case. It is the one that PREPARES his case that wins.

Vivian
Registered Member

Post by Vivian » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:30 pm

A few years back someone placed an ad in our local yellow pages for "intimate massage"

I had my hubby call her up and ask for a happy ending massage and she agreed.

I sent a copy of the ad and the details to our states massage board.
Never heard boo back from them.
That ad was not in the next year yellow pages though.
Vivian
Eco friendly Hemp Microwave Heating Pad for moist heat therapy.

tranquilspirit2006
Registered Member

Post by tranquilspirit2006 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Don't waste your time trying to flag or report from CL. There are thousands of them out there advertising the same kind of thing. The people who are looking for that aren't the clients we want anyway, so while it's aggravating to have them advertise under therapeutic massage, you're fighting a losing battle to try and eradicate those ads.

Besides, if they're offering 'free' massage they're probably not breaking any laws. Nothing illegal in saying I'll come to your house and rub on ya for free.
"Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know."

tiger snacks
Registered Member

Post by tiger snacks » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:21 pm

The weird thing is, this is the ONLY posting under therapeutic. I don't have much competition, which is fine with me. :D

Can't wait to get out of school.

handsofeye
Fresh Hands

Post by handsofeye » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:12 pm

its not your business to worry about that stuff. If it doesn't directly affect yuo dont waste your brain wave energy on something that has nothing to do with you

even if you did its a quarantee that they are not registered with the state board anyway and it would just be a waste of time for you

Return to “Massage - The Male Practitioner's Perspective”