Did't like how spa treated me

Discussion area for male practitioners on issues and topics related to their practice.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

Rubmyster
Registered Member

Did't like how spa treated me

Post by Rubmyster » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:48 am

Happy Monday after Halloween,
I had applied and been hired at a local hotel/spa. I was looking for more work after my practice had slowed down. I had worked for a spa years ago and left after finding it wasn't my cup of tea. Well, things sure haven't changed for me.
After being hired and attending one training, the lead therapist asked me to call her for more training and to talk about the schedule. After three weeks of no return calls, I called the manager. It turns out the MT lied and said that she returned every call. I was shocked and I instantly quit. :roll:
I had forgotten how poor the communication, integrity and professionalism is in a spa. Men are discriminated against, have much less work, and the pay is so bad. :irked:
So, I'm going to stay with what I know. I would rather work for myself and take a chance, I sure won't make this mistake again.
Cheers,
Rubmster
I love my job and my Golden Retreiver, not always in that order.

squash_blsm

Re: Did't like how spa treated me

Post by squash_blsm » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:10 pm

So just be grateful to the Universe for making sure that you did not take the job for real.
Real bad karma for that lead MT though. :confused:

When we make decisions from our head rather than our heart we tend to ignore the messages that we really need to listen to.
You KNEW that this wasn't the right kind of job for you.
But you took it anyway - even if it was only going to be temporary.

So -
congratulations!!
:grin:
Help make a difference in our world by joining the Spa Professionals team on Kiva.org and make a loan to someone in need today.
http://www.kiva.org/...ls/by/cindy9404

cabwy
Registered Member

Post by cabwy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Awww, Rubmyster,,, I am sorry to hear this. But I guess this spa wasn't where you were supposed to be!
Just a thought,, are there any smaller massage therapy clinics around your area that might be hiring. I think smaller might be more manageable??

Just a thought....
Carol

JasonE
Moderator-S.S.S

Post by JasonE » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:48 pm

cabwy wrote:Awww, Rubmyster,,, I am sorry to hear this. But I guess this spa wasn't where you were supposed to be!
Just a thought,, are there any smaller massage therapy clinics around your area that might be hiring. I think smaller might be more manageable??

Just a thought....
Depends on who's doing the managing... ;)
Jason Erickson, NCTMB, ACE-CPT, AIS-TA
Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer
http://www.CSTMinnesota.com

Internet forums are like going to the zoo; if you get enough monkeys together, sooner or later someone will start throwing their poo.

Return to “Massage - The Male Practitioner's Perspective”