Lost a friend

Discussion area for male practitioners on issues and topics related to their practice.

Moderators: Pete, JasonE

johnnymac
Registered Member

Lost a friend

Post by johnnymac » Mon May 11, 2009 10:30 am

Man, what a blow. To make a long story short, my exchange partner(female) just told me she can no longer do trades with me. She and her husband seperated and are now back together, but he has issues with our working on each other and wants it terminated. We have been trading since 1996.
It appears her friendship with me had created a slight wedge in thier marriage. I presume I was about 5-10 percent of their issues. But I also lost a friend today. Over the years, I would give her my son's clothes he had outgrown and had helped her during her pregancies. (low back issues, etc) This just sucks. But as I told her, if I have to take the bullet for her marriage to work this time, shoot me. I hope it works.
It also gives me a new and true appreiciation for my wife. Her trust in me I can not describe. I love her that much more.
And now comes that task of finding another therapist in the area. I need therapuetic work and most places here do relaxation massages. What a shitass Monday. Going to see "Star Trek" in a couple hrs. Get my mind off things.

Ella Menneau
Registered Member

Re: Lost a friend

Post by Ella Menneau » Mon May 11, 2009 10:58 am

What a total bummer. I suspect, however, that you'll have your friend back, sans husband, within 6 months.
Pain is a natural occurrence. Suffering is a choice.

palpable
Registered Member

Post by palpable » Mon May 11, 2009 11:54 am

Sorry to hear it.
Here's hoping a little sci-fi makes the day better. :beerchug:
Move on as quickly as you can to people who get you and what you do. -Robert Chute

Timedess
Registered Member

Post by Timedess » Mon May 11, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm sorry for your loss. I am, however, glad to hear how much you respect the marriage relationship. Make sure your own wife *knows* how much you appreciate her trust in you, and, of course, it goes without saying to never, ever give her any reason to worry about it!

Enjoy the movie, and let us know how it was when you get back, please- I'd like to hear some feedback on it!
~Renee

sjidoulamt
Registered Member

Post by sjidoulamt » Mon May 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Sorry to hear about this too... for your loss and for your friend that had to give up a massage partner after all these years because of her husband's issues.

Hope you enjoy the movie. I saw it opening night and it was AWESOME.

Savannah Bloom
Registered Member

Post by Savannah Bloom » Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 pm

:( That's too bad. Jealousy is a treacherous emotion. Sorry you caught the backwash.
Hope the movie helped!
savannah
"Saved by the dog. Really!"

AnastasiaB
Registered Member

Post by AnastasiaB » Wed May 13, 2009 8:37 am

:massage: Sorry to hear about your loss johnnymac. That really sucks! Wish you were closer... I'd trade with ya.....

hugs
J
Anastasia B

Be who you are and say what you feel, because people who mind don't matter, and people who matter don't mind. - Theodore S. Geisel - [Dr. Seuss][

www.mymassageworks.embarqspace.com

Return to “Massage - The Male Practitioner's Perspective”