Welcome and sign on to our map!!!

Introduce yourself; tell us your birthday; become a part of our community!

Moderator: GreenDragonfly

Postby michiganMT on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:33 am

Hi, I'm jerry. I live in michigan. I will graduate from school in a couple of months and then I take the national *curls in to fetal position mumbling something about proprioreceptors* I love the work and can't wait to get some real world experience. Also, I like long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, and viking metal :mrgreen:
michiganMT
Fresh Hands

Location: trying to find my copy of "Trail Guide to the body"... it's here somewhere

Postby Heidi on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:56 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am currently working my new web-site, The Balancing Touch and rarely use the enter net. I am learning quickly however.
If you are living working or playing in the Mountains of Western North Carolina, look me up and let me tell you all about The Balancing Touch.
Thanks
I am Heidi Saugen and have over 15 years of experience as a professional massage therapist. I graduated from the Minneapolis School of massage in 1992 and have maintained a private practice since that time.
Heidi
Fresh Hands

Postby pipgarden on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:34 am

Hello, I'm in Green Cove Springs, Florida - going to school in Jacksonville at Southeastern School of Neuromuscular Massage. I'll graduate in January 2009, I've finished the swedish portion and tonight begins the neuromuscular part of schoolwork.

Pleased to be here!
-Savannah
pipgarden
Fresh Hands

Postby TracieJ on Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:08 pm

Hello to everyone!

I hail from South Texas and have been in the massage therapy field for almost 3 years now. I began my own business just over a year ago. It's been a struggle, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I have grown tremendously because of it!
Lessen your stress for a well-balanced life!
TracieJ
Fresh Hands

Hello to all

Postby NUGGET on Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:57 pm

Greetings from St. Petersburg, FL. My name is Granville. Glad to have come across this GREAT site. :D I have been licensed since December and have been seeking knowledge nonstop. Thanks for puting this all together.
NUGGET
Fresh Hands

Postby JLWmassage on Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:46 am

Hi all,

My name is Jessica. I graduated from the Central Mass School of Massage in 2001. I have been a working therapist ever since. I love my job. I am so glad I found this group. :grin:
JLWmassage

Postby Rosewood Holistic Health on Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:35 am

Hello from Celebration Florida!

My name is Monica and I own Rosewood Holistic Health. Having been in business for about a year I aim to help people strengthen their health so that that can better handle crisis.

If you are even in the area, stop by. We'd love to have you!
Monica Leibacher, Bs.Ed, LMT, Aromatherapist
Relaxation, Therapeutic, Chair Massage: Craniosacral Therapy: Hot Stone Certified
Aromatherapy Parties: Young Living Independent Distributor
www.rosewoodmassage.com
Rosewood Holistic Health
Fresh Hands

Hello & Intro from Philadelphia

Postby laura violet on Thu May 21, 2009 11:17 am

Hello Everyone,

I am delighted to have found this forum. I am a new massage therapist and bodyworker that has found the field as a next phase in my life and career. I reside in Philadelphia and am building my own practice. I feel exceptionally blessed to have found this gift at this stage in my life. I am searching for my specialty as I find myself drawn by many things. One of the most intriguing things for me is the movement of tissue that I feel and see. I would love to hear from anyone that has thoughts on what I might explore with that in mind. Although I have not studied any energy work modality, I am very interested in that area and feel energy quite intuitively in line with the feeling in tissue and movement I see (fascia that is....).

Hugs,
Laura Violet

www.bodyworkbylv.com
laura violet
Fresh Hands

Re: Welcome and sign on to our map!!!

Postby SerenitybyStone on Fri May 22, 2009 2:08 pm

:smt006
Greetings from Buffalo, NY, USA.
My name is Chuck Stone. I'm a January 2009 graduate of the New York Institute of Massage. Will be taking my New York LMT boards in August 2009. After passing those will concentrate on my NCBTMB licensing.
Best of luck to all BODYWORKERS here.
Massaging away the pain, one ache @ a time.
--Charles D. Stone, Future LMT
SerenitybyStone
Fresh Hands

Postby Theresa-M on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi there everyone!
I've been a massage practitioner since 1989 and took a break for a few years. I'm starting a new practice and look forward to
being active in this community. I live near Spokane, WA.

Warm welcome to everyone else who's new here.

Theresa
Theresa-M
Fresh Hands

Postby ccMarie on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Theresa-M wrote:Hi there everyone!
I've been a massage practitioner since 1989 and took a break for a few years. I'm starting a new practice and look forward to
being active in this community. I live near Spokane, WA.

Warm welcome to everyone else who's new here.

Theresa

Glad you found us, Theresa!

You really have a lot of experience. Many of our members have shared the story of "getting BACK into it".

Enjoy the forums.
You are not on this planet to produce anything with your body. You are on this planet to produce something with your soul. Your body is simply and merely the tool of your soul.

- Neale Donald Walsh Conversations with God
ccMarie
Registered Member

Postby pueppi on Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:36 am

Welcome to everyone I have missed! :)

I hope you all will go back to even the old threads, re-open them and add a reply. Our board is quite dynamic, and even the old threads are referred to again and again. So please add your two cents on anything and everything you can! :grin:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby Tabby on Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi Guys
I am a personal trainer and sports massage therapist in th UK. I have my own business(www.tabsmagic.co.uk) andhave been freelance about 7 years. :D
My partner and I are moving to the States at the end of the year (not sure where yet)
Wondered if anyone got any tips as to if my qualifications will be transferable?
Tabby
Fresh Hands

Postby moogie on Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Hi Tabby and welcome to the board.

As to which qualifications will transfer, that will depend on where you move to. Massage regulations vary from state to state.

Angie
moogie
Site Admin

Postby Kalen Nicol 1 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:19 pm

Good to find this site! I've just started blogging and am looking for mentors who do the same. Don't we have the best job EVER??
Kalen Nicol 1
Fresh Hands

Postby SheriReiki on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:23 pm

I'm excited to have found this site! My name is Sheri and I am a Reiki practitioner in Michigan. I look forward to connecting with you all here!
SheriReiki
Fresh Hands

Postby misty tanner on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:57 pm

hello, my name is Misty.
i'm from the middle of the state, in mich......
misty tanner
Fresh Hands

Postby nickyrh on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:20 am

Hi my name is Nicole, this is my very first forum and I'm very glad to have found this site. I am currently studying Diploma of Remedial Massage Therapy in Melbourne, Australia with one year experience from my Cert. IV in M.T
:D
nickyrh
Fresh Hands

Postby phoenix13 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:08 am

Hey there....my name is Ann and I'm currently a student working on getting my Clinical AAS -- right now I'm thinking I'd like to specialize in Geriatric Massage. One of my instructor suggesting getting into this site, and so far, I'm excited about what I'm seeing here and think this will be a great resource and a place to vent my frustrations and ask for advice. I just wanted to say hello and put myself out there! Thanks!
phoenix13
Fresh Hands

Postby Evan Sotnas on Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:57 pm

Houston TX.
Evan, LMT for 14 years.
Evan Sotnas
Fresh Hands

Postby hennafeet on Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:15 am

Hi all, I'm Jenny in Kentucky. I love massage and I am doing Ashiatsu almost exclusively now. Since relocating here my practice has grown too quickly to handle, even after discovering 3 awesome LMT's who were willing to work alongside me, we are still turning people away. Sorry, too tired! We have to go home! I never thought that there was a forum for massage, and I am so grateful to have found this site!
hennafeet
Fresh Hands

Postby moogie on Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:34 pm

This thread is now locked until we are able to reactivate our map.

Angie
Site Admin
moogie
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Introductions and Birthdays