Stopping Future School Shootings

Meet and greet, discuss non-bodywork topics, and make new friends in the world of bodywork. A place to "let your hair down"!

Moderator: maestra

Stopping Future School Shootings

Postby holley on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:00 pm

One Teacher’s Brilliant Strategy to Stop Future School Shootings—And It’s Not About Guns

https://www.rd.com/advice/parenting/sto ... -strategy/
'Every Day is a god, each day a goddess and holiness pours forth in time."
holley
Registered Member

Make large capacity gun clips illegal

Postby holley on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:15 pm

"The shooter who killed my beautiful butterfly Dylan carried 10 thirty-round, large-capacity gun ammunition magazines into Sandy Hook Elementary. 300 rounds. He deliberately left the smaller-capacity magazines at home.

In approximately four minutes, he shot 154 bullets, killing 20 children and six educators. Five of those bullets hit Dylan, and in an instant, my little boy was gone.

But in the time it took the shooter to reload, 11 children were able to escape. If magazines were limited to one-third the number of rounds available that day, just think how many more children could have survived. Perhaps Dylan would still be alive today. Perhaps more people would have escaped from the horrific mass shootings in Las Vegas and Texas.

That's why I'm trying to gather 50,000 petition signatures demanding Congress limit the size of gun magazines. But we're still several thousand short, and it looks like you haven't signed yet. So please, sign the petition right now to help save lives."

https://www.facebook.com/SandyHookPromi ... 332628214/
holley
Registered Member

What if....

Postby holley on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:30 pm

holley
Registered Member

Return to Off the Table Topics