What's the story behind your member name?

Meet and greet, discuss non-bodywork topics, and make new friends in the world of bodywork. A place to "let your hair down"!

Moderator: maestra

Postby PIFATOS on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:10 pm

My name is a pretty common acronym and it explains how I run my practice.

"Pay In Full At Time Of Service"
PIFATOS
Registered Member

Postby fact_n_friction on Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:23 am

This is an awesome topic.

My name is a play on the phrase "fact and fiction", and was a fun way to display my love of knowledge and massage. :tiphat:
:2cents:

xxx,
Just somebunny.
fact_n_friction
Fresh Hands

Postby alohatexas on Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:12 pm

Aloha- Hi ya'll
Texas- where I am
alohatexas
Fresh Hands

JLHremedial

Postby jlhremedial on Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:17 pm

Well.... mines not that interesting, its just my initial J L H... prize if anyone could guess what they stand for LOL... and then i'm a Remedial Massage Therapist... by am now a Myotherapist... so i guess its not that interesting
Visit www .Its EasyToMassage. com to learn the secrets of massage, because massage shouldn't be a secret and massage shouldn't be expensive to learn... Its Easy To Massage
jlhremedial
Fresh Hands

Postby fey on Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:27 pm

I use to go by Centrip, which is short for Centripetal- I had this thing about thinking phyics words were cool since high school- and eventually changed my name to Inertial_fey because it sounds more girly and then decided the "inertial" part was dorky and just kept it fey which is a term for faires (since Im one of them ^_^)
fey
Registered Member

Postby rkdunbar99 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:42 am

Mmm, I'm thinking I need a new name now ;)
currently, it's just a mix of names, my first inital, first letter of maiden name and then my married name plus '99 the year I was married.
I also go by creatureaide, which came from the 'aide' I give to creatures as a volunteer at a wildlife rehab group here in San Diego.
Recently, I've been playing with the initials LOF which stands for the Leap Of Faith I plan to do this year as I leap from cubicleland into a more meaningful and suitable profession.
I am also just starting out as a doula and am thinking of using the name A Sister's Touch doula services as I am a rare childless doula.
So, off I go to put together something about massage (hands, touch), doula & a LOF...

Any ideas?

~Robin
(4 days until I officially become a MT student!!!)
Last edited by rkdunbar99 on Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rkdunbar99
Fresh Hands

Postby thegreatone on Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:28 pm

I just wanted to use a name I haven't used before, and something that I was likely to remember. :))))))
thegreatone
Fresh Hands

Postby massagengel on Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:02 pm

massagengel-
engel means angel in german which I took in high school for a couple years.
and I also prefer to use gel: massage-n-gel
clever, eh?! :P
:lol:
*·¸.·´¨¨)) -:¦:- *·¸.·´-:¦:-
-:¦:-·´Massagengel .·´-`\'.·
((¸¸.·´*..·´ -:¦:- *·¸.·´))*
massagengel
Registered Member

Postby Rose of Sharon on Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:07 pm

massagengel wrote:massagengel-
engel means angel in german which I took in high school for a couple years.
and I also prefer to use gel: massage-n-gel
clever, eh?! :P
:lol:

Very clever!
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby JasonE on Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:58 pm

I use my name. It's easy to remember, and I prefer to post under my own name so others know who I really am. If all I see is a screen name, I still don't really know who that person is unless they make some other contact info available in their profile or signature.
Jason Erickson, NCTMB, ACE-CPT, AIS-TA
Massage Therapist, Personal Trainer
http://www.CSTMinnesota.com

Internet forums are like going to the zoo; if you get enough monkeys together, sooner or later someone will start throwing their poo.
JasonE
Moderator-S.S.S

Postby hargrcha on Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:18 am

Hargrca is an old login from my days in information technology. It is a combination of my maiden name - hargr, the first two letters of my first name - ch and my middle initial - a.

I should change my login to what my husband always calls me - babe. But then I was afraid of what that might mean to some "outsiders". :?
hargrcha
Registered Member

Postby PiedPipette on Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:49 am

Just changed my username from GreenMtnGirl to PiedPipette, because I'm always walking around with dogs and kids (and sometimes hubby) in tow. =) Seems more appropriate, since I no longer live in the Green Mountain State.
PiedPipette
Registered Member

Postby massagechick on Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:32 am

Mine is pretty boring. I do massage and I am a chick.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
~~
Shirley Rother
OKC, OK
http://www.shirleyrother.com
massagechick
Registered Member

Postby Swedish on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:27 pm

Thats what I am: Swedish! I am a little bit proud that the Swedish massage is so well known so therefor I choose to have my nationality as my member name.
Swedish
Fresh Hands

Postby mtnlionz on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:01 pm

This is so deeply personal, and interesting that a dear friend recently asked me what mtnlionz meant...I just feel moved to share it here for the shamanically-inclined :)

Sometime in my 20's I had a dream that I was a little girl walking down a darkened path in the woods. I came face to face with a mountain lion. I didn't run away even though I was afraid. I stayed present and the mountain lion came to stand beside me on my left, and walked with me on my path.

Shortly after that I did some work with a shamanic practitioner who journeyed on my behalf, and afterward reported a vision of a mountain lion in a baby's room next to the crib, whose job it was to protect the baby. She didn't know about my dream.

I chose to honor the mountain lion in some way that I could be present to each day, and mtnlionz is still an email address I use for about 10 years running now!

About 2 years ago, as I was planning to move away from Colorado to L.A., I was driving one night on a quiet mountain road, and a young mountain lion stepped down the hill from the left onto the road in front of me. I stopped my car and we both just stared for a moment. Puma went back up the hill, and I went on home in a state of wonderment and gratitude. I had finally met my mountain lion in the flesh, and knew it was okay to leave Colorado.
mtnlionz
Registered Member

Postby PremoMT on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:42 am

mtnlionz~ That is a Beautiful story!

My Screen name is simple
PremoMT= Premo (my last name), MT~ we all know what that stands for!
I like to use my last name because a lot of people hear it and figure I am Italian, and in Italian it means #1.
In French it means the first. In Spanish it means Cousin or friend.
Eventhough each language has a different spelling, so far I have not found a negative meaning for the word Premo :D
My Website www.premospa.com
PremoMT
Registered Member

Postby Sticky on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:43 am

Sticky...............I got that name when I was about 16 I was in the back of my friends uncles truck and my friend said I was looking at an old lady driving....so since then his uncle has called me sticky??

Pretty strange...
Fresh Hands

Postby massagechick on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:19 pm

I don't get it. Am I missing something?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
~~
Shirley Rother
OKC, OK
http://www.shirleyrother.com
massagechick
Registered Member

Catskill Crawler

Postby catskillcrawler on Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:36 pm

I am an avid flyfisherman, and whenever possible, disappear into the Catskill mountains of NY. I have been taking a break for the past couple weeks and tying flies. I've tied hundreds. My neck hurts. Pls. help.

I couldn't think of a better handle real quick, so I chose this.

A "Catskill Crawler" is an old classic fly pattern named for an aquatic insect called a stonefly, that is found on the bottom of the stream. I have tied a bunch of these lately. They are big and clunky looking flies, and usually the first ones you use in early season. You fish them on the bottom with half a pound of lead weight. It's not the graceful Brad Pitt type of thing. It sometimes produces big fish, but it's boring as hell.

I can't wait. But if you saw one of these crawling across your floor you would roll up a newspaper until I explained it's not a cockroach or something. They are large flies.
catskillcrawler
Fresh Hands

Postby nurturegirl on Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:46 pm

I also love the story of the mtn lion.
my business is called Mother Nurture, so I took nurture, and I'm a girl!
(I don't care how old I get, I'll never feel like a WOMAN) is that weird?? :smt061

btw, I'm 39 and my name is
Jen Furtado
nurturegirl
Fresh Hands

What's in a name...

Postby Giri on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:42 am

While backpacking around Europe one summer several years ago I meet a lovely gentleman, a Krishna devotee, who operated a small Krishna gift shop in Brighton, UK. We really hit it off and would spend hours sitting in his shop drinking tea talking about everything under the sun. I returned to Brighton the following summer and again visited the shop. The owner remembered me and my name which he had mistaken for “Giri” telling me Giri is a Vedic word meaning “that hill”. I rather liked the image of a distant hill and have since adopted it as a nickname which is not a problem as it is so close to my given name, Gary. I have considered legally changing my name to Giri but can't be bothered to change my passport, bank accounts, tax records, etc. I returned to Brighton a third year to find the shop and my friend no longer there but the name has remained with me.

Namaste,
Giri
Giri
Registered Member

Postby Monkeysinstep on Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:22 am

I got mine from an old slang dictionary. Monkey's Instep is old jazz age slang. It belongs to a group of slang words derived from crazy animal characteristics (mostly anatomy but not exclusively) all meaning "the height of excellence". Some of the words in this group have survived (marginally) in modern English--the cat's meow, the cat's pajamas, the bee's knees. Other's have totally disappeared (and are even hard to find reference of outside of very obscure and old slang dictionaries)--the eel's ankles, the elephant's instep, the snakes hip, the canary's tusks, the cuckoo's chin, the caterpillar's kimono, and so on. (honestly--I'm not making this up)

I chose monkey's instep because I was born in the year of the monkey and incidentally I am the king of all monkeys.
Optimal Health is not Optional
Monkeysinstep
Fresh Hands

Postby Savannah Bloom on Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:11 pm

[quote="Monkeysinstep"] I got mine from an old slang dictionary. ................................(honestly--I'm not making this up)

Monkeysinstep: That is too funny! :D

Savannah
"Saved by the dog. Really!"
Savannah Bloom
Registered Member

Postby Wens on Thu May 29, 2008 2:29 am

Wens is kind of my family name and most of my friends just call me Wens or Wenzzi
Wens
Fresh Hands

Re: What's the story behind your member name?

Postby MassageAlumni.com on Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Masthera wrote:Thought this would be a fun topic for anyone who wants to share.

What is the story behind your member name?

My normal screenname was used when I came to BWO so in a quick attempt to come up with a name I chose Masthera.

Mas = first three letters of Massage
Thera = first five letters of Therapist

Masthera! :D

For me it is the name of our business we created after massage school for us students to stay in touch with one another. It is a social network designed like MySpace and for massage therapists to blog or share information with each other like BodyworkOnline does. Since I was a massage therapy student we simply named it MassageAlumni.com. I use that name for my id on the Internet to help spread the word about my major interest. Massage therapy and Internet networking.
Rob West
Founder of
http://www.MassageAlumni.com -"Internet Marketing for Massage Professionals"
MassageAlumni.com
Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Table Topics