Coolest thing a client has ever said to you.

Meet and greet, discuss non-bodywork topics, and make new friends in the world of bodywork. A place to "let your hair down"!

Moderator: maestra

Timedess
Registered Member

Re: Coolest thing a client has ever said to you.

Post by Timedess » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:55 am

tropicmom wrote:I have a once-a-month Saturday client who's a female police officer. After she'd been coming several months, at the end of the session, she sighed and said, "You know, since I've been coming to you, I think I'm a nicer person."

I thought... Wow! What a blurb to put on a resume... "makes people nicer people." :D
That's awesome!!!
~Renee

TessKB
Fresh Hands

Post by TessKB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:58 pm

During our clinics in school: "You were quite blessed with your hands."
Outside of school: "When do you graduate and get certified? I want to be your first client!"

Ryl22
Fresh Hands

Post by Ryl22 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Hey everyone! I'm new so I haven't had many clients yet but I also had someone ask to be my first client when I was about to finish up school. Let's just say I was able to pencil them in!

TouchofGrace
Registered Member

Post by TouchofGrace » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:02 am

Ryl22 wrote:Hey everyone! I'm new so I haven't had many clients yet but I also had someone ask to be my first client when I was about to finish up school. Let's just say I was able to pencil them in!
Congratulations! :)
~Sandra

Worry doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow...it empties today of its strength

Laura.
Registered Member

Post by Laura. » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:44 am

i have a client who had an L1 compression fracture from a boating accident. it took her 5 weeks (after her vertebroplasty) of lying on the couch taking pain pills every 4 to 6 hours before she called someone for help - which happened to be me. i checked in with her the day after our first session and she answered the phone "oh, laura-with-the-golden-hands! i feel great! i slept through the night for the first time since the accident, took my dogs for a walk this morning and still haven't taken a pain pill today!" you can imagine my surprise, since i was nervous all morning about calling and hearing how sore she is from the session. i tried to be as gentle and patient with her body as i could, while getting as much work done as possible in 90 minutes, but i was still worried it might have been too much. that's the part i'm happiest about, actually - that i apparently judged appropriately and didn't do too much. anyway, she rebooked for a few days later and after 3 sessions, she went back to work. she emailed me to thank me again and insists to her co-workers (she's an RN) that i'm the only reason she's working. obviously, that's not true, but it makes me feel good to hear such gratitude.
:smt040
Be Well,
Laura

TouchofGrace
Registered Member

Post by TouchofGrace » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:48 am

Laura. wrote:i have a client who had an L1 compression fracture from a boating accident. it took her 5 weeks (after her vertebroplasty) of lying on the couch taking pain pills every 4 to 6 hours before she called someone for help - which happened to be me. i checked in with her the day after our first session and she answered the phone "oh, laura-with-the-golden-hands! i feel great! i slept through the night for the first time since the accident, took my dogs for a walk this morning and still haven't taken a pain pill today!" you can imagine my surprise, since i was nervous all morning about calling and hearing how sore she is from the session. i tried to be as gentle and patient with her body as i could, while getting as much work done as possible in 90 minutes, but i was still worried it might have been too much. that's the part i'm happiest about, actually - that i apparently judged appropriately and didn't do too much. anyway, she rebooked for a few days later and after 3 sessions, she went back to work. she emailed me to thank me again and insists to her co-workers (she's an RN) that i'm the only reason she's working. obviously, that's not true, but it makes me feel good to hear such gratitude.
:smt040
I am always amazed at how very powerful the work we do is... but how very humbling, upon witnessing the results. That is great!
~Sandra

Laura.
Registered Member

Re:

Post by Laura. » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:57 am

Rosewood Holistic Health wrote:A fibromyalgia client coming in for her second craniosacral appointment said, "I can't remember the last time I had consecutive days without pain."
that is fan-friggin-tastic! all of these are, really. but my mom has FM and while she thoroughly enjoys a sweedish massage, i can't give her lasting relief like that...
Be Well,
Laura

Giri
Registered Member

Post by Giri » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:59 am

I find it to be very cool and gratifying when a client is speechless after a session...

Mia

Post by Mia » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:39 am

"you are wonderful, tank"

wisterya
Fresh Hands

Post by wisterya » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm four weeks into clinic and last Wednesday, a client told me that I gave her a better massage than what she received at the Hotel Hershey Spa, which is a 3 or 4 (I forget) star spa. I was thrilled!

JLWmassage

Post by JLWmassage » Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:49 am

I had a client yesterday call the red ring you get on your forhead from the face cradle the Mark of Honor

TouchofGrace
Registered Member

Post by TouchofGrace » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:58 pm

Worked on a client yesterday I haven't seen in over a year. She was really stressed and her plantar fasciatis was acting up again. She called me this morning and said, "Yesterday I was so tired and hurting that I was seriously considering retiring and didn't feel I could take any more. This morning I woke up pain free and thought, "Bring it on". She has decided to take care of herself and keep massage a necessary part of her life. Made my day! :)
~Sandra

softy515
Registered Member

Post by softy515 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:58 pm

New client today, low back and glute pain/tension.

He never had a massage before but did very well! I was massaging his glutes and he asked if he got a half off discount for having such a small butt. LOL I had to laugh!

When it was over and he was dressed, I asked how he felt and he just blurted out "I thought sex was awesome!" Then he realized he probably shouldn't have said that, although I take it as a compliment!

Rozax
Registered Member

Post by Rozax » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:11 pm

"My arm doesn't hurt anymore!"

I've helped relieve pain and discomfort before, but I'd never made it go away completely. That was a definite confidence booster.
This user doesn't visit here, anymore. Move along.
poem-massage.org

Rozax
Registered Member

Post by Rozax » Sat May 21, 2011 10:35 pm

New confidence booster: I gave a client the best massage she's ever received. I feel a little bad about that, because my mind wandered a couple brief times during the massage (lots of stressful stuff going on right now), but then I concentrated all the more when I caught myself. I guess that makes this a learning experience, too.
This user doesn't visit here, anymore. Move along.
poem-massage.org

bubbatis
Fresh Hands

Post by bubbatis » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:14 am

I work with a hospice patient who doesn't speak English tell his daughter that he feels happy inside after I see him.
He also refers to me as "our son" when he asks his daughter when I am coming again.

cabwy
Registered Member

Post by cabwy » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:27 am

I had a really nice client who had a lot of pain and suffering - bilateral hip replacements, arthritis, and had also lost her son who was a young adult to an aneurism- one day she was leaving my massage room and was preparing to come down my stairs and I was below, waiting to see if she needed assistance navigating the stairs. she paused on the top step and said " When I leave here I always catch myself singing " I believe I can fly" because I feel so good.
NOt only were the words good to hear, but the look on her face is etched in my brain. One of the REALLY nice moments.

We lost her to cancer last year, I miss her. RIP Elizabeth..
Carol

Mtbodyworks
Fresh Hands

Post by Mtbodyworks » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:41 am

In my practice, I've had a lot of pretty great experiences that have kept me in this field and really appreciating what it is that we do. One in particular that stand out to me:
" You need to patents a bumber sticker and sell it to massage supply stores that says "I give a good elbow". There's nobody else who can do it like you." -said by an avid golfer :smt001

bb_soulsoother
Fresh Hands

Post by bb_soulsoother » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:58 am

Very inspiring & beautiful to read all these thoughts & experiences…

A person that I have been honored to share & give my bodywork to for past 11 years constantly amazes me with her appreciate for My Passion in massage.
After one of sessions at their home, as I was getting my care gear packed to depart. My client friend was sitting in her comfy sofa chair, her favorite chair she accomplishes her creative writing from. ( She writes adolescent friction )

After moments of happy silence she tells me,

"If you could only get your hands on the leaders of every country, world peace could finally be achieved…"

Peace & Love to All
Bryan

nsbodywork
Fresh Hands

Post by nsbodywork » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:31 pm

Teenager was brought in by her Mother after having a car accident. She had whiplash and couldn't sleep or move her upper body because of the pain. She came out in of the session in tears and announced "it doesn't hurt to move anymore!" - demonstrating full ROM. Ooraah!
[url=http://www.nsbodywork.com]nsBodyWork[/url] in Nashville baby!!!
"Nothing is impossible however improbable it may be"

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:28 am

Last week I had an older client (he's 92) say that he loves to come to my office, for the massage (he's ditched gift certificates of other therapists in the area and never returned to them) and great conversation. He said "Most people don't know how to hold a conversation any more. They only want to talk about the weather."

That really made me happy, being that we have an age difference of almost 50 years. :)

I love my clients! They are all so wonderful!
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Bodytemple
Registered Member

Post by Bodytemple » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:39 pm

My business number is my cell number. Last night I received a text from a client that said "Thank you for doing what you do". :)

I have also had a client tell me "You can not move away or die, a great MT is hard to find". :lol:
[url=http://www.bodytemplemt.com]Body Temple Massage Therapy[/url]

akashafive
Registered Member

Post by akashafive » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:18 am

Had a massage newbie on the table yesterday. Before I even touched her I asked if she was comfortable and she responded with a happy sigh and "Everything is so wonderful!"

When I started on her neck in supine, I asked if her pony tail was alright or if she wanted to take out the hair band. She smiled blissfully and replied "Oh, I think you could stab me right now and I'd be fine." :lol:

Afterward, I asked if she had any feedback and she just replied with "I love you." :grin:

I love newbies. :smt007
-Akasha
"Happiness is a journey, not a destination."
-Nancy Giles

roeret
Fresh Hands

Post by roeret » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:56 am

"You are an magician! (had just loosen a classical matter of a sciatic nerve squeezed by "erector spinae" on sacrum). It had him limping for months and after one hour he was able to walk/run normal. BTW he left his cane at the clinic!! ;-)
Martin Rørdam; Denmark
http://www.masseuren.dk/en

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Today... "The greatest gift you've ever given me, was to refer me to <insert FAFS rehab therapists name, who I referred her to, here>. You're like the internet!" :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

Return to “Off the Table Topics”