Coolest thing a client has ever said to you.

Meet and greet, discuss non-bodywork topics, and make new friends in the world of bodywork. A place to "let your hair down"!

Moderator: maestra

Coolest thing a client has ever said to you.

Postby Rose of Sharon on Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:23 pm

One of my seniors last week, just after her massage, said in a dreamy voice, "Thanks. I haven't danced that gracefully in YEARS!" She made my day! I'd love to hear some of your clients' great responses to their sessions.
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby holley on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:57 am

A celebrant, upon being asked to turn over on the table,
looks up in disbelief and says:

"You mean there's more!"
'Every Day is a god, each day a goddess and holiness pours forth in time."
holley
Registered Member

Postby cstbrian on Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:39 am

A client once told me,

"It was like physically experiencing art"

:D

Brian
Brian

"Life isn't about finding yourself ... life is about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
"When we try to control that which is out of our control, we become an incredibly anxiety prone society." Dr. John Upledger
cstbrian
Registered Member

Postby sassafrass on Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:21 am

The coolest therapist experience of mine happened one morning when I found a note in my door. One of my long term clients left me a beautiful note telling me how grateful she was for my treatments and that they allow her to function better and enjoy life more fully. (She has some significant pain issues.) She had received a bonus and shared it with me in the form of a very nice tip included in the note. :D Of course, the extra cash was nice... but the note brought me to tears. I love my work! While I get a kick out of some of our shared pet peeves, threads like this are great when we need to be refueled. :smt060
sassafrass
Registered Member

Re: Coolest thing a client has ever said to you.

Postby Vitalia on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:02 am

Rose of Sharon wrote:One of my seniors last week, just after her massage, said in a dreamy voice, "Thanks. I haven't danced that gracefully in YEARS!" She made my day! I'd love to hear some of your clients' great responses to their sessions.

I also had a somewhat similar experience with one of my seniors about two weeks ago, but all he had to say to make my day was simply "thank you." :) He suffers from dementia and during the past couple of years has rarely been able to say much of anything to me that is very coherent, so it really meant a lot to me when he thanked me at the end of that session. :)
Vitalia
Registered Member

Postby Rose of Sharon on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:07 am

Vitalia wrote:
Rose of Sharon wrote:One of my seniors last week, just after her massage, said in a dreamy voice, "Thanks. I haven't danced that gracefully in YEARS!" She made my day! I'd love to hear some of your clients' great responses to their sessions.

I also had a somewhat similar experience with one of my seniors about two weeks ago, but all he had to say to make my day was simply "thank you." :) He suffers from dementia and during the past couple of years has rarely been able to say much of anything to me that is very coherent, so it really meant a lot to me when he thanked me at the end of that session. :)

Oh, I agree - when the non-talkers TALK is the very coolest!!! I love working with seniors, and those with dementia hold a special place in my heart. I've seen CNAs gather around to hear the stories a lady with alzheimers was telling me as I massaged her arms, legs, etc. It's just amazing.
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Postby Brighids_hands on Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:13 am

the other day, one of my seniors when I flipped her over said it's only after you get a massage that you realize why your dog wants to be petted all the time. :lol:
Brighids_hands
Fresh Hands

Postby Vitalia on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:20 am

Rose of Sharon wrote:
Oh, I agree - when the non-talkers TALK is the very coolest!!! I love working with seniors, and those with dementia hold a special place in my heart. I've seen CNAs gather around to hear the stories a lady with alzheimers was telling me as I massaged her arms, legs, etc. It's just amazing.

I can really relate to your comments. Several years ago I had a regular client I worked with at an assisted living center for seniors with Alzheimer's. I always thought it was so amazing that this women could tell me in great detail about her experiences ice skating when she was a teenager even though she might not remember much of anything that she had done ealier that same day.
Vitalia
Registered Member

Postby jacqueline on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:57 am

those are all so beautiful..these are the types of clients that just make your day..and they solidify why we are in this business in the first place.. :P :smt057
jacqueline
Registered Member

Postby softy515 on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:11 am

"will you marry me?" LOL

And... "You need to insure those hands!"

And last but not least:

Please tell me you take care of your self and get massage too because I like you to be able to give massage a long time!
softy515
Registered Member

Postby IntuitiveHealers on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:26 am

These are the words I will always remember:

"This is the most loved I have ever felt."

"This is the closest I have ever felt to God."

"You help me feel whole."

"I always feel like the world is a good place when I am on your table."
Blessings and Be well!
IntuitiveHealers
Registered Member

Postby Massage_kneads_me on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:46 am

I have a regular Saturday client - she always leaves by saying "Now this is the way to start a weekend!"

Another one - I was asked did I train under someone who is pretty highly regarded in our community as a LMT - they said that my style was very similar to that person but they can't get into them anymore now that they teach.
That was an awesome compliment!
Massage_kneads_me
Registered Member

Postby ThatMassageGal on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:54 am

I had a little elderly man in for his first massage, I was nearing the end of the massage and working on his arms and hands, he looked up at me with a sweet smile on his face and said in kind of a sad, but happy tone, "I haven't had a pretty girl hold my hand in many years" then he closed his eyes and continued to relax.

At first glance that may sound creepy but that wasn't the vibe AT ALL, it just reminded me of the power of compassionate touch and contact.
ThatMassageGal
Registered Member

Postby AngEngland on Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:56 pm

I started a thread a couple months back with one of my latest cool client experiences: http://bodyworkonline.com/forum/viewtop ... ents+bless

I also recently had a woman call me up and tell me she was able to put her own shoes on that morning completely pain free and is able to get her back over the top of her knees again (to reach her feet, put lotion on them, put on her shoes, etc). She said "I feel like a spring chicken again! I even signed up for water aerobics and I can move better than most of those OLD folks." *giggle* She's well into her 70's but with her ROM being restored she has had a lot more energy lately. :-)

Angela <><
AngEngland
Registered Member

Postby cabwy on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:01 pm

One client, recovering from very serious abdominal surgery, had a massage while in his hopsital bed (in his home). Afterwards he thanked me and said:
" you helped me reconnect with my body" it was a really special moment.
I still smile when recalling it.
Carol
cabwy
Registered Member

Postby Seebs on Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:31 pm

The first time my sister got a massage from me she coined the phrase:
"Total Kinesthetic Liberation"
And she's not an easy girl to please in any aspect of life, so it meant a whole lot to me!

Edit: Well, she's not really a client, I guess. None-the-less...
Seebs
Registered Member

Postby Ella Menneau on Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:40 pm

One of my clients tells me every week, "That was the shortest 90 minutes of my week." I have to say, when I get a good one (And I'm lucky to trade with someone who gives good massage!), I feel the same way!
Pain is a natural occurrence. Suffering is a choice.
Ella Menneau
Registered Member

Postby JaeMarie on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:00 pm

An older client that stopped in for a massage before heading to his general doc for a check up, ear cleaning, and "stuff". Stumbling towards the locker room door after the massage...

ME : So, how do you feel?

HIM : Very good, very good. Now I'm off to the doctor to get my ears cleaned so I can see clearly.

LOL - he paused a minute, then chalked it up to post-massage fuzziness. Good thing he doesn't drive himself. lol
JaeMarie

Postby jacqueline on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:57 pm

I just had a lady come in last week that said, "i felt like I came in with a back pack on, and you have just removed it" :)
jacqueline
Registered Member

Postby YoIdaho on Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:30 am

My number comment is from my 4y/o G-daughter. While massaging her one day…
“wow this feels great, wow this really feels great, this is the best day of my life.” :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last week a business entrepreneur
“I just want you to know that it’s one of my goals to receive a massage everyday,
and then I’ll have you for me & “wife’s” personal therapist.”

A retired Doctor dieing of cancer "this is the best I've felt in a long time."

Many clients "This is the best part of my week."

"Please don't move-quit I'd be lost without your help."

Just the smiles and new life on peoples faces when they leave is very rewarding & cool ~M
8)
Take good care of your body.
It's the only place you have to live.
YoIdaho
Registered Member

Location: SW Idaho~ "Life lies in diversity, not in monotony."

Postby massagechick on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 am

I had a woman last week in for her first visit with me. When she was walking out she said "That was the best massage I have ever had and I have had a lot of massages."
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.
~~
Shirley Rother
OKC, OK
http://www.shirleyrother.com
massagechick
Registered Member

Postby FloridaKaren on Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:22 pm

:smt041 :smt060 Oooooh - this is a GREAT thread!

I have a regular client who has recently started saying, "This is my favorite hour of the week!"
FloridaKaren
Fresh Hands

Postby cy on Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:25 am

"My wife and I fought over who got to see you - you have angel hands."
Awww :)
"The purpose of our lives is to be happy."
H.H. the Dalai Lama

Bodhih Bodywork
Furthering Wellness with Awareness
www.bodhihbodywork.com
cy
Registered Member

Postby Blisss on Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:18 am

"I think you've just discovered the key to world peace! Just take the leaders of warring nations, massage 1/2 their body, and refuse to massage the other half until they come to an accord."
Blisss
Registered Member

Postby Rose of Sharon on Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:38 pm

Said by a 96 year old this week: Grease me up, Scotty! as she rushed my massage table. :shock: It was so cute!!
Sharon
Rose of Sharon
Retired Site Admin

Next

Return to Off the Table Topics