Mysterium Tremens

Meet and greet, discuss non-bodywork topics, and make new friends in the world of bodywork. A place to "let your hair down"!

Moderator: maestra

Mysterium Tremens

Postby holley on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Frequently camp at HO'Okena Beach and stride to Place of Refuge/Two Step and back (@9mi).
The physical exertion and surrounding beauty open transcendent realms, similar to the effects of bodywork.
On a recent visit to New York City, vaulted into similar space on a visit to St. John The Divine, the world's largest cathedral. These disparate encounters with sacred space prompt me to ask; where and how do you enter into the Myterium Tremens?
'Every Day is a god, each day a goddess and holiness pours forth in time."
holley
Registered Member

Re: Mysterium Tremens

Postby GreenDragonfly on Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:41 am

I've heard that it happens in certain special places in Arizona. Can't remember what that place is called though. For me personally, it is when I am in a forest - pretty much any forest.
Laughter is the best medicine :) It's good for the soul and great for the abs!
GreenDragonfly

Postby pueppi on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:35 am

I think that I am not fascinated and afraid in too many instances... it's usually one or the other (I kind of categorized Mysterium Tremens in that line). But, I think from this thread what you are suggesting is looking deeper into a fascinating mystery and finding an aware and calm point all rolled up into one. I tried to find a definition of these words, but I couldn't, so I am not so sure. :oops:

For what I think you are asking: I lay on a small outcropping of stone, somewhere in the desert, below a cliff, but above the ground. While I lay there, looking above at the eagles soaring effortlessly into the sun, sending out a vocalization to the other in the air pocket above, I also hear the water moving past me, down-aways and to the right. Here, I am at peace. Here I appreciate on a higher plane the world around me. Big Bend is where I am at home.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through pastoral valleys tinkling with bells ...
pueppi
Registered Member

Postby holley on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:35 am

http://atomsofthought.wordpress.com/201 ... n-excerpt/

Nice plunge into the mysterium tremens
holley
Registered Member

Postby EgoMagickian on Thu May 03, 2012 6:49 pm

holley wrote:http://atomsofthought.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/why-words-matter-in-the-words-of-diane-ackerman-an-excerpt/

Nice plunge into the mysterium tremens

That was lovely... appreciated her conclusion about the magic of language.
EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Postby holley on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:55 am

holley
Registered Member

Mysterium Tremens

Postby holley on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 pm

Autopsies evoke fear and trembling within me, reminds me of our mortality and the wonder of life. GRAPHIC autopsy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlPGuq5V ... ure=relmfu
holley
Registered Member

Return to Off the Table Topics