Banned (ISP of zenman banned by accident)

Read about the latest happenings of our site. Also the place for board members to let admin know of account problems, posting problems, troll posts, etc. Please include a link to the post and/or a description of the problem.

Moderator: Section Moderators

zenman
Registered Member

Banned (ISP of zenman banned by accident)

Post by zenman » Sun May 13, 2007 10:44 pm

I've been banned for months for some unknown reason but there was no way to notify admin. Now I see the site is accessible again. What happened?
The glass is half empty. Deal with it.

maestra
Site Admin

Post by maestra » Mon May 14, 2007 5:41 am

zenman,
First of all, welcome back! I'm sorry that your ISP was banned by accident.
We've been experiencing a lot of spam from certain ISPs, and we're trying to be very vigilant about keeping spammers off the board.
I know how it feels though to be banned, and I know what it's like to not have a way to contact board admins to let them know you have an issue. (Turned out my problem was that my ISP is a roving ISP. Not sure if that's the case with you or not though.)
Please save the following e-mail address somewhere for the future, should you need it:
bodyworkonline @ gmail.com
This will notify us of your problem when you can't access the board.
(It's also found in another thread here in the news & troubleshooting section, as well as the FAQ area.)
I'm glad you're here and look forward to reading more posts from you now that you're back again! :)
“Try to be like the turtle -- at ease in your own shell” - Bill Copeland

Masthera
Retired Site Admin

Post by Masthera » Mon May 14, 2007 5:44 am

Sorry Zenman.

There are many times, when banning spammers, that a range of IP numbers are banned. We have been finding that sometimes the range of numbers also affect legit members. We check the information about the range before banning them, but often the information is not specific for us to know.

I hope we can find a solution so it stops happening. Or just keep wishing the spammers would leave us alone!
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
- Henry Ford

Pandoras_Gift
Registered Member

Post by Pandoras_Gift » Mon May 14, 2007 5:49 am

I know I am reinforcing what the others have said, but we are very sorry that this happened. I am glad that you were persistant to continue to try to come to the board and participate.

What I really can't inforce enough is for all members to keep the address bodyworkonline @ gmail.com in their address book for such occurances, so that one of "us" can be reached to see what is going on.
love as always,
Muriel

Return to “News & Troubleshooting”