BWO Community Survey

Read about the latest happenings of our site. Also the place for board members to let admin know of account problems, posting problems, troll posts, etc. Please include a link to the post and/or a description of the problem.

Moderator: Section Moderators

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

BWO Community Survey

Post by EgoMagickian » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:34 am

Hi folks,

I'm interested in surveying other massage therapists to find out answers to questions I have, and that got me thinking that I can't be the only one--we have polls here all the time because of our curiosity about how the rest of the profession is doing or experiencing things.

So I'd like to hear from all of you on what kinds of questions you would want asked in a BWO survey!

I'll incorporate them into my survey, send it out to you all, and then report back on the results.

What do you want to know about each other? :)

Blue
Registered Member

Re: BWO Community Survey

Post by Blue » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:00 pm

I would love to know how much other massage therapists communicate *in person* with other massage therapists who are not directly related to their own business/income stream.

Timedess
Registered Member

Post by Timedess » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:47 am

I'd love to know what other "streams of income" other MT's have built into their practices (I don't mean "a second job", I mean things directly related to/incorporated into their massage practices).

Also, how do other MT's determine what CE courses to take? How do they decide what will take them "in the direction they want to go" as a massage therapist?

Thanks for this, Josh-- it's a fabulous idea!~
~Renee

GreenDragonfly

Post by GreenDragonfly » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:39 am

I would like to know how long mts are 'in the field' before moving out to open their own business outside their home. Also, at what point do you feel comfortable making that leap and is it better to have a partner or rent a room from an existing establishment if the end goal is NOT to hire others but just work for yourself.

Great idea Josh! I actually have many questions when I take the time to ponder! I will be very interested to see the results !
Laughter is the best medicine :) It's good for the soul and great for the abs!

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:01 am

I'd be interested to know the number of each of our active therapists on the board, by state. :)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 am

Blue, do you mean how much MTs meet face to face with other MTs who aren't their co-workers/employees/etc?
Blue wrote:I would love to know how much other massage therapists communicate *in person* with other massage therapists who are not directly related to their own business/income stream.

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:02 am

By "in the field" you mean working as massage therapists in any capacity after graduation, or do you mean something else?

Go ahead and post as many questions as you like :-)
GreenDragonfly wrote:I would like to know how long mts are 'in the field' before moving out to open their own business outside their home. Also, at what point do you feel comfortable making that leap and is it better to have a partner or rent a room from an existing establishment if the end goal is NOT to hire others but just work for yourself.

Great idea Josh! I actually have many questions when I take the time to ponder! I will be very interested to see the results !

GreenDragonfly

Post by GreenDragonfly » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:47 pm

EgoMagickian wrote:By "in the field" you mean working as massage therapists in any capacity after graduation, or do you mean something else?

Go ahead and post as many questions as you like :-)
GreenDragonfly wrote:I would like to know how long mts are 'in the field' before moving out to open their own business outside their home. Also, at what point do you feel comfortable making that leap and is it better to have a partner or rent a room from an existing establishment if the end goal is NOT to hire others but just work for yourself.

I know some massage therapists who keep their license but don't practice massage. What I consider in the field are MTs who actually are working as MTs either full or part time.

Some of the questions I have, probably all of them, have been covered on BWOL to some extent - but I suppose not enough for me since I still have things rambling around in my brain. Such as:

1. Regarding specialties, what is has proven to be a successful way to market to the public in a way that helps them understand and feel that it would be helpful to them?

2. Is it better to be 'really' good at say, 4 types of modalities than to try to learn more? Are there any significant drawbacks to knowing more or less than 4 ?

3. This is more of a general observation, wouldn't it be neat to have a 1-800-massage referral and screening service like there is for 1-800-dentist?

more later :)
Laughter is the best medicine :) It's good for the soul and great for the abs!

Blue
Registered Member

Post by Blue » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:59 pm

EgoMagickian wrote:Blue, do you mean how much MTs meet face to face with other MTs who aren't their co-workers/employees/etc?
Blue wrote:I would love to know how much other massage therapists communicate *in person* with other massage therapists who are not directly related to their own business/income stream.
yes.

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:16 am

Thanks folks. Any more? :-)

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Last call for questions is drawing nigh... :D If you got em, post em.

pueppi
Registered Member

Post by pueppi » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:51 am

pueppi wrote:I'd be interested to know the number of each of our active therapists on the board, by state. :)
"On the board" = from the BWOL boards.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, leading to the most amazing view. May your rivers flow without end, meandering through valleys tinkling with bells...
Houston Massage Therapy - Advanced Massage Therapy - Lucas & Lucas, LLC

EgoMagickian
Tech Admin

Post by EgoMagickian » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:04 am

I have super good news about the survey that I am not sharing yet... just to tantalize you all! You're really going to like it :-) Announcement email to come...

Return to “News & Troubleshooting”